Rick and Morty

He felt better (or at least angry and vengeful, which I suppose is an improvement) by the post credits scene.

Wow, that Community dig was literally blink-and-you-missed-it. “Make fun of the blonde one. Now make them have sex on the table. Now cancel it. Bring it back. Well, I’m bored.” Nice one, Harmon.

As far as Episode 3 goes, yeah. Was not expecting that at the end…but in a way, I’m glad they went there.

It’s really pretty unfair to TV comedies for the show to be that good.

I blinked and missed it. I’m an ardent Community-watcher and that one totally went over my head. Damn. Thanks for pointing it out.

Season 3 confirmed.

I didn’t get it until they showed the TV:

I didn’t see this mentioned in the other pages of the thread, but I just googled for why Rick burps so much and found this interview:

ENTERTAINMEMT WEEKLY Why does Rick burp so much?
JUSTIN ROILAND: In 2006, or something, I was recording the voices for this short The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti. I was having fun doing these really crappy Doc Brown and Marty McFly impressions. During the middle of a line a burp came out naturally. It was just so funny and gross. I was like, “Well, let’s see if I can do that again for a couple more lines.” Then, with Rick and Morty, Dan (Harmon, the show’s co-creator) was like, “Hey, Adult Swim wants to do a show, do you have any ideas?” I said, “Well, what about these two voices?” Right out of the gate, the burping was part of it.

And here’s that he Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti pilot/prototype:

edit: NSFW.

edit2: Apparently he got a cease and desist letter after doing House of Cosbys, which I remember watching ages ago. And that NSFW BTTF “parody” is the result!

That was something else.

Heh, I never thought about it, but Morty’s voice could definitely be taken as a bad Michael J Fox impression. I mean, Rick’s lab coat and hair is definitely reminiscent of Doc Brown, so I’d picked up on the BTTF parallels, but somehow the M J Fox impression had escaped me.

Mr. Poopypants Butthole… I have no words.

Beth: Hmmm, Mr. Poopy Butthole isn’t in any of my pictures (checking her phone, looks over suspiciously at him)
Mr. Poopy Butthole: (Checking his phone) And you’re not in any of my pictures (looks suspiciously back at her).

Man, he was just the best. Oooooo-weeee! Remember that time we were stuck in the elevator together?

Stupidly elaborate theory: Jerry is the original parasite, as a result of the switch at the last second in the Jerry day care, so real memories exist of the other (non parasite) Jerry.

Not really though, because I suspect this particular story is over.

Apparently the parasites hitched a ride on the green energy crystals Rick picked up while Morty was killing Fart: imageand tweet.

That shit got dark as hell with Beth at the end there. Guess she really is her father’s daughter. . .

I do suspect that the Jerry-switch will come back into play soon enough. IIRC, it was only after the swap that he started speaking with his hip new urban flair, and of course the new Jerry seems to have some bi leanings I didn’t pick up on before then, either. . .

edit: There’s also mounting evidence that the Rick who we originally saw interacting with the C-137 family (the original family from “Pilot” to “Rick Potion No. 9”) was not from their dimension in the first place. Specifically, aside from the fact that he can obviously dimension-hop at will, he has made a few cultural references that seemed genuine that no one else got or knew about, like his trying to figure out the name of the Tom Cruise move he thought he saw (Cuisine) and calling Tiny Richard Tiny Roger instead.

Which would now mean that living in the Current Dimension (designation unknown) is Unknown Dimension Rick, C137 Morty (sole un-Cronenberged human inhabitant of that dimension still living), Current Dimension Summer and Beth, and Swapped Dimension Jerry.

This family’s getting complicated as fuck pretty quickly, and given Harmon’s established love for callbacks and long cons in his comedies (e.g., Beetlejuice in Community), I can’t help but think some or all of that stuff will crop up sooner or later.

Tiny Rogers was from the last episode of season 1, so the simplest explanation would be that it was a pop-culture reference from the original (episodes 1-6) Earth dimension. “Cuisine” was just Rick being drunk: “I’m like Tom Cruise from, um, “Cuisine” or w-whatever that movie’s called where he makes drinks.” Really, there’s no reason to assume any of the Earth dimensions seen thus far are intended to be our dimension.

I love how the opening credits were changed to include Mr. Poopypants Butthole. That was enough to get me laughing, but damn…that turn at the end…wow. I felt so bad for Beth. I totally did not see that coming. That show really messes with my mind, but I look forward to it every week.

The council of Rick specifically refer to him as C137 Rick, right? I’m sure they’d know which Rick is the Rickest Rick, even when they timehop.

Trade secret, Mr. President…

That was a nice lighthearted episode (well, except for the world that died, but it died lightly). They needed that after some of the very black moments in the last couple. Contrast is good.

I find it pretty bizarre that the word “fuck” is continually censored yet words like “shit” are allowed. I don’t know if this is a US-TV thing (i.e. the hilarious fear of the “F-bomb”) or a Rick and Morty thing (mother bleeper is funnier than mother-fucker). Anyone know?