Ridiculous Movies (but not B movies)

Buckaroo banzai was awesome… I dunno if it was a B movie, but I feel like it was.

But it made me think of a crazy movie:
Naked Lunch

Also I forget if anyone suggested it, but if also say that Hard Boiled is a crazy awesome movie:

I dunno if it’s still crazy, but when I first saw hard boiled as a kid, I had never seen anything like it really.

Oh, and the hands down craziest movie is, without question, Rikki-O. It’s totally a B movie. It’s the most B movie ever. It’s entirely nonsensical. But it is special in its own way.
Hey, here’s the whole thing on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/9NxohDXj4Xk

Have you seen Tokyo Tribe? It’s on Netflix. It’s…probably a movie?

The Statue of Liberty scene in Remo Williams is one of my favorites from any action movie ever. And how could anyone not love this theme?

Bonus points for it starting out with “Arirang”.

I’ll add the classic “Ironmaster”, that sports the most cinematic shot of a lion being pushed backwards out of a tree that you’ll ever see. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, in that order.

Although on second read, this isn’t a ridiculous movie per the first post definition. It is, however, completely ridiculous. Forgive me.

Speaking of wild cats:

Iron Sky was a fucking ridiculous movie.

And NO I DON’T MEAN AWESOME, DAMMIT.

There’s a game too.

How about Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow?

Eye Of The Beholder (Ewan Mcgregor, Ashley Judd, Jason Priestly) was pretty ridiculous. The credits rolled and I had no idea what the hell I had just watched.

Wait, if that’s a valid criteria, then I nominate 2001: A Space Odyssey. And any movie by David Lynch.

The Final Countdown

I was scrolling through Netflix with the kids and happened on Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. I had fond memories from when I was a kid so we tried it out. Holy crap. Hard to believe Tim Burton launched a successful career with this.

2001 counts…it’s full of stars.

I remember watching that and thinking it was a Navy recruiting movie with a stupid plot attached to it.

Ha, I went to see The Final Countdown in the theater. I remember thinkzing even as a kid how weird the movie was - carrier goes through time warp, gets in a fight with Japanese WW2 era planes and ships, goes home. It’s weirdly inconsequential. I don’t find it all that bizarre conceptually but it’s definitely got A-list actors and presumably a big budget, so close enough for horseshoes I guess.

Cutthroat Island is a guilty pleasure for me. It’s pretty ridiculous. Matthew Modine is essentially the damsel-in-distress to Geena Davis’ pirate, and their chemistry together is nill. Subzero, even.

It was huge bomb (a bigger bomb than the inexplicable exploding cannonballs in several scenes) and managed to sink a studio, as I recall.

But it’s got a rollicking score by John Debney, And the pirate battles can be goofy fun. And I don’t know why I sorta’ like it but I do, damnit.

Oh hey, that reminds me, anyone ever see Roman Polanski’s Pirates? About the only thing worth mentioning was Walter Matthau as a crusty old pirate captain. Man, was that movie boring.

This thread was made for Geostorm!

That’s not conceptually bizarre? OOOOkay.

If I remember right they actually try to avoid the Japanese because the Captain of the aircraft carrier doesn’t want to change time. They do rescue some people, leading to a twist at the end and they might shoot down a Japanese plane or two.