Rift Apart brings ray tracing - and not much else - to Ratchet & Clank

This “review” screams brandead attention seeking. I guess it worked since Im here, good job Tom. I’ll give this review a 1 out of 5.

Did a bot just insult Tom? :D

Now we know this review was Chickbait … er Clickbait.

I can’t tell if he meant “braindead” or “branded.”

I love the sick burns that show up.

This is obviously a reviewer with an agenda, an agenda to generate site clicks with insane content.

Go look at Metacritic. 88 from reviewers. 8.9 from users.

121 out of 122 reviews were 70 or above. The other review was a 60.

Then you have this guy’s review of a 20.

That’s all you need to know about this “opinion”.

I feel like after all these years that Z-bone doesn’t need to make all these brand new accounts.

I for one welcome Tomchicklol.

Welcome to the forums, Tomchicklol!

Hmm, is it any coincidence that “Tomchicklol” and “Rickroll” rhyme? I think not! That’s all the proof you need that you’ve all been trolled and that I actually love this game!

-Loltom

I like to think of Tomchicklol as a sort of “anti-Chick,” who espouses all the values that diametrically oppose those of tomchick. He cannot abide Sarah Palin. He loves the game Citadels. He puts punctuation inside quotation marks. Hmm. Tomchicklol kind of sounds cool.

No doubt he gave Deus Ex a 5 star review.

actually hold up

Busted! You just Encyclopedia Brown’ed me!

-“Tom.”

I will say out of the action games I own on PS5 (R&C, Returnal, Demons Souls, and Doom Eternal), I think Ratchet and Clank is the game I like playing the least. It’s not bad, but those other games are all incredibly satisfying action games, where Ratchet just does enough to be perfectly capable. And even though l agree with a lot of Toms points, I think giving it 1 star is completely ludicrous. If nothing else, it is one of the most “visually stunning” games I’ve ever played, but it’s also perfectly fine as a gaming experience (which Tom doesn’t seem to disagree with), even if I don’t find it particularly thrilling. It’s weird to me that some (valid) complaints about overselling the PS5 experience and bland dialogue are enough to warrant the lowest score possible.

We need an update to that gif where the woman is calling for the man to come to dinner and he goes, “Not now - someone is wrong on the internet!!” Except it should say, “Someone has posted a review score outside one standard deviation from the average!” OK maybe not.

This’ll clear it up for ya!

I finished the PS4 Ratchet & Clank a few months ago, and while it also does just enough to be “perfect capable”, I would also give it 1 star under Qt3’s rating system.

And similarly, reading Tom’s review, it really read like he hated the experience of playing this game. And that’s one star.

That’s fair I have no problem with the system. But it also seems like a lot of that very bad experience is more related to frustration about the marketing and overall blandness. The content of the review seems more like he didn’t like the game but hated the hype and being a flag bearer for lazy game making and unnecessary menu options.

Speaking of things Ratchet and Clank, the PS3 “A Crack in Time” game, it’s not playable in any way on the PS4, is it*? I still have a PS3 Slim (vintage 2010) but it’s not hooked up, and getting one’s hands on a disc copy looks difficult these days (guessing it’s out of print).

*Since there’s no kind of backward compatibility on the PS4/PS4 Pro.