RIM: We have no fucking clue

Ah jeez, do I have to explain? Sarcasm. From my SWTOR/Rob Ford/RIM-hate threads. The Rob Ford one is the only one still letting me down consistently.

I think the pictures are trying to tell us something.

That got a laugh out of me.

True journalism. Subtle and yet powerful messages.

The phone goes for $449 - isn’t that a little bit over expensive for a phone with just 1% share of the smartphone market?

It’s a niche item for hardcore Blackberry users that won’t let go of the form factor and keyboard. We have a couple here. BB could probably get away with charging 50% more.

Try replacing “phone” with “car” to realize how dumb this post sounds.

But if you want a smartphone that behaves like your smartphone from the late 90’s, can’t you just… use your smartphone from the late 90’s?

Expensive car like Jaguar or Ferrari might have a small market but when you drive a Ferrari, you get looks and respect. Try and take out the Blackberry Classic and people are probably laughing at you for being a fool or thinking you must be from Ice Age. Do you want pay a premium and being seen a fool? You are welcome to try that. Show me photo ok?

I doubt anyone would laugh at him. I agree about the price though. I would be all over one if I could get one for $200. But for $450, no thanks. Besides, now thanks to smartphone qwerty keyboards and SwiftKey, I can probably type way faster than I ever could with a physical keyboard. The last time I really needed a blackberry was when I had to hit the “2” key on my flip phone three times just to get the letter “f”.

Yeah, I would think the Classic would have a chance to survive if it were $200 - some people will buy for nostalgia sake. Or buy for their parents. Or well, just for familiarity. But at $450, they (RIM) seriously have no clue.

cough

Morgan.

Ah so, you dumb-dumb who still think phone as fashion statement, impress other dumb-dumbs, not thing to use do things make phone calls anger birds book faces. You want phone of many rhinestones yes? You go now. You silly man.

Actually, I was just illustrating what you said. Read what you typed above about replacing ‘phone’ with ‘car’ , or are you too dumb dumb to remember you started this?

No one is going to pay that kind of money for a joke phone that is clearly inferior to other modern smartphones.

Some good news?

Makes me wonder in which market they are still selling phones. Because it sure isn’t anywhere around where I live.

We’re not talking about Apple in this thread.

Man, look at those defenders in the comments.

How dare people want that keyboard, etc.

<HRose>I’ve been saying RIM should make android hardware with the blackberry form-factor and BBM for many, many years now.</HRose>

Sadly apple released iMessage and google hangouts and their main software advantage faded away. But some people [I]do[/I] want great keyboards. They should service that market.

No, no, you posted it to your blog. </HRose>

Like that’s still a thing.