RIM: We have no fucking clue

It’s not redundant at all. It’s very useful for cursor control, which is a huge improvement for real text editing work-- iOS9 just added something similar on 6S/6S+ (requiring 3D touch) and iPad (using 2-finger drags).

Remember, Blackberry always supported something similar, with their little trackball that later changed to a tiny capacitive touchpad, used primarily for cursor control.

Priv for $799 WTF?

Man, you guys up north get completely fucked on mobile pricing of all kinds.

Yeah, those are Apple prices.

Well, actually, its are less than Apple prices.

And the hardware isn’t bad, with the 5.4" screen and 540 ppi, and 808 Snapdragon and 3 Gb of RAM.

The camera is from Sony, which is were most of the higher end android phones source from.

And at it has a Mirco SD slot, and 32gb of RAM.

Finally, it has that keyboard, which I don’t think any other high end phones have anymore.

So, really, it’s competing with Galaxy S6 and the Iphone, and really the prices are what you would expect.

All in all, I think its pretty snazzy. Way out of my price range or interest, but still pretty snazzy.

That’s $799 US and $950 CAD it turns out.

Infinite lol

A bit pricy but if it is aimed at CEOs, I could see it sell. Although they are hoping to sell 5 million units.

How appropriate is the title of the thread again! I love how accurate and applicable the thread title can be applied to everything RIM did and is going to do.

Disappointing, that’s for sure. The days when RIM could demand $800 for a phone are long gone. At $400 they could have a hit on their hands assuming the reviews are good. This is basically a non-starter except for the most hardcore Crack Berry addict.

There was an update to the story:

Update: We have received confirmation that the pricing for the Priv on Rogers will be $399.99 on a 2 year Share Everything plan, or $799.99 outright.

Not terrible for a 32 gig Android phone. Interested to hear how well it performs out in the field though. I, personally, am unlikely to ever try/use another RIM device.

Is that 799.99 USD?

699.99 is the final price sited.

Blackberry advertising is still fucking clueless: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-priv-f440/priv-new-advertising-image-1044811/

BlackBerry nipple cam.

wtf am I looking at?!

That was my first thought when I saw that! Hidden camera or pr0n , thus Privacy!

I just had a thought, that it would be an infinitely better ad if the girl in the tattoo was also holding a phone in her hand.

I read “Perv” at first.

You heard it here first, folks. Not just clueless, but FUCKING clueless. Rei scores another scoop!

Tizen beats out BlackBerry for 4th place