RIM: We have no fucking clue

Yeah for 4th place! This is exactly why the next black berry phone is android.

Wow, no kidding. Again, this is old white guy advertising execs.

“So… we have the CEO market, but we need the millennials if we want to make money on this”
“What do millennials like?”
“I read an article in the New Yorker that said they like working out now. There was also a picture of a guy with a tattoo”
“Perfect! Let’s do that…”

Rare is the under 30 year old that I’ve met that actually cares about privacy. Marketing it as a ‘secure’ phone doesn’t really tap into what their potential market even cares about. Also, putting all your eggs into the ‘privacy’ basket really opens you up to trouble when the first crack comes.

I’m not sure if you actually read the review but it was pretty crap. The guy wouldn’t wish the phone on his worst enemy and yet he couldn’t come up with a single major problem. So the battery life only lasts a day? Welcome to practically every other phone. You don’t like the blackberry services? Then don’t use them. The guy seems totally biased against Blackberry. I have no doubt that the phone has niggles but to barely identify any and then say it’s a phone you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy is just terrible journalism. Or maybe he really likes his enemies.

This is a far better review - without the hyperbole. It still only got a 6/10 so I’m not cherry picking reviews. It sounds like a great phone for people who are still using BB to migrate over to Android. Unfortunately that’s not going to get them the 5 million sales that they need. If it was $350 I could see it but not at $700 as there are better options out there for less.

ZD net has a tough but fair review. The score is still rather low compared to the complaints though. The all day battery life is cool though.

The Gizmodo review was clearly trolling but I didn’t know when I posted it other reviews were available.

IDK, Gizmodoguy basically lists a bevy of dumb shit about the phone that you don’t have to put up with on any other modern flagship, decides the two unique things (keyboard and privacy) pretty much suck entirely, and gives it a “nope” score because why pay more for an objectively shittier phone?

Headline was a little dramatic, sure, but welcome to headlines.

No finger print scanner though? For something trading on security.

The major problem was that the phone is not, in any way, exceptional. And yet its price point is at the very top of the market.

That makes it shitty.

If it was half the price, comparable with other phones of its quality, then it probably would be OK.

I don’t know. They could charge 500.00 dollars, and for the specs, I think it would reasonable. 350, it would be a steal, great screen, large size, good sound, basically GS6 level features.

Engadet Review

Keep in mind, it is a beautiful phone.

That makes it overpriced. I won’t argue that point. I don’t know why these genius CEOs can’t see something so obvious. I wouldn’t buy it myself but if someone were to give me one I think I’d be happy to use it as my main phone.

The genius CEO are targeting enterprises customer to but it for their employees. And those enterprise customers probably think like him - price because of service.

Blackberry missed their window for this. If they had done it in 2011 or so, when BBM was still widely used, it would have had a chance to save the company as a top-tier provider.

I do very much appreciate their focus on security-- they should go all-in on that, and make it something like the Blackphone. Even then they won’t be the Blackberry of old without something like BBM to lock people into their platform, but they could be the android OEM of choice for business.

The reviews on this phone are all over the place. Android Central loves it.

Really? Other than the idiots at Gizmodo and Crack Berry on the other side it seems like the general consensus is that ‘this is a pretty decent phone if you want Android and a physical keyboard but it’s WAY overpriced’.

I guess I’m an outlier, but went from an iphone to android to a Blackberry Classic, and I really love the physical keyboard. I love BB10 and it nicely integrates my personal and work email, messaging and social apps and the keyboard makes writing and replying all manner of messages a pleasure. I will never go back to a virtual keyboard.

As far as features go, beyond email, messaging and social, all I need is a good music app, a good camera, an intuitive way to transfer files from computer to the phone and vice versa, and maps/gps . The only android apps I need are Plex (to stream audio and video from my pc), Tapatalk, and Skype (which I need for work) which are easily downloaded form the Amazon store and work flawlessly.

Couldn’t care less about gaming on mobile phones, don’t need apps to find the nearest Tim Horton’s. The Classic is an extremely well made phone, has awesome battery life and is a pleasure to use as a phone/email/messaging/social device and nicely integrates with my work environment.

The Gizmodo review of the Priv is complete garbage, and although I’d like to stick with BB10 and get a Passport for my next device, the Priv is definitely intriguing.

The question is whether you will pay that absurd price for a Priv. Considering you like a physical keyboard, you are the target client for Priv. So if you are not willing to pay for one, RIM has no clue in pricing their products!