RIM: We have no fucking clue

A guy at a meeting I attended this morning has a Priv. I asked him if he likes it. Answer was he loves it so far.

I wonder if people are really capable of neutral evaluation at this point… everyone hates RIM and WANTS them to fail, everyone get fired and work at McDonalds for the rest of their life. You know, because we were wronged so severely by them not competing with the iPhone.

I for one think if they went with Android that solves 80% of their problems. The other 20% is that no-one will be making money in the smartphone space soon, except maybe Huawei.

It’s BlackBerry’s established use of astroturfers that’s adding to the hilarity and desire to see them fail.

Thank you so much blackberry team. I was waiting this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth.

I don’t get the RIM hate. Were they particularly evil when they were on top of the world?

Check the first page of this thread. They were so deluded and arrogant in their market dominance. Their co-CEOs were smart though and Bailsallie is calling out how the TPP is screwing Canada currently.

Thinking about the PRIV. Still very happy with my Z10 though, so might just stick with it until it breaks.

PRIV and DTEK might be enough to make Android a viable choice again I suppose, but having used Android from 2.x up to 4.3 on various other devices I am not really eager to return to Android 5 and 6.x.

Such a shame that the best mobile OS platform failed, but I suppose the best die young, just like the Amiga.
Funny thing is that AMiGA near the end was talks about using QNX, which was used with Blackberry 10 (the OS).

I suppose, looking towards the future and using stone age Android and having to swap handset every year as they want to keep the system as fragmented and vulnerable as possible and the one you buy in 2015 wont get the latest android version in 2016, at least I can use more data slurping apps and have everything sent to google for monetization. Good times…

If you’re not compiling your own kernel, how can you know what’s really going on in there anyway?

Frankly, if you’re not live-feeding your own OS via raw ASSEMBLY into the processor via a wire you hammered out by hand in your basement workshop (dug out of the bedrock of the sovereign nation you staked out in the wilderness of Colorado), I’m not sure how you can consider yourself a true tech enthusiast in the first place.

If @instant0 can live with Z10 for so many years, and I’m assuming there’s no OS upgrade, why do you feel a need to upgrade your Android phone to the latest OS? You can stick to 2015 OS for as many years as you want. And since you don’t upgrade apps in your Z10, it’s also ok to stay with the same app version, I’m guessing.

T Mobile Boss seems to think that this is a start of a rebound for RIM.

I’m thinking they are incorrect.

Because Android is notorious for having security problems that require patching/updates – which in many cases you can not get because of vendors adding fluff on top of the stock OS requiring rewrites, Phone Companies delaying OTA updates and whatnot — whereas BBOS10 did/does not have these issues.

There are App Updates on the Z10, but mostly it is either new features or bugfixes from the few I use.

The only thing I do not like about my Z10 is that I am unable to use Encrypted Email due to lack of a BES12 server back end. This would be one of the things that would make me re-consider getting a BB PRIV (if I ever decide to).

Most likely I’ll be using my Z10 in a year, provided the battery hasn’t exploded or gone completely fubar by then, already having reduced battery lifetime.

Why does the seal around the camera look kind of tattered?

I think that is has some kind of printing on it, and from that angle it looks kind of ragged.

So, Engadget has come up with a new review, stating that the keyboard is great after you get used to it, and its in line with a flag ship phone and making good progress on the updates.

If BB can keep the phone updated, than I can almost understand the higher price point. It seems that one of the benefits of expansive flagship phones, be they Samsung, LG, Apple or Microsoft is that you get support for a lengthier set of time than you do for cheaper phon

John Chen’s weird position on privacy: you don’t deserve it

John is odd, but it basically, the rights of the state trump the rights of the individual. From a US stand point, a horrible idea, but not all cultures value individuality the same.

However, I think John is making the point that a legal request by a legal authority should be followed. For the greater good of society? Who knows, he was a complete moron for making an comments at all.

Blackberry gleefully rolls over for police

Was hoping an update in this post would be to announce that the Blackberry HUB + other stuff was available on all android devices (so they would be less shit…) but Guess not :\

It might be a smart move years ago, as an enterprise email provider to cooperate with the government, but after Snowden and the Apple-San Bernadino case, this is yet another nail to the coffin. How many nails is needed to seal their fate?