Rimbo World

This. 2 of the panels and the batteries aren’t connected to the power grid. So you’ve got one solar panel powering everything without any batteries.

Well okay they power a stove (I think?), but that’s it.

Dear lord… and to think I already feel bad when I order someone to go hunting…

Ah of course. I need to join the panels. Thanks guys.

I wrote an article about that for Unwinnable… except the things I was doing are much much worse. The article is about how bad I feel about it.

Here’s a quick video about comms

I am thinking about purchasing this for my sister. She enjoyed Gnomoria for awhile, got into Dwarf Fortress for a bit but after baby… doesn’t have the time she says to go back into re-learning Dwarf Fortress. Is this deeper and more complete than say Gnomaria but more accessible than DF?

This should be perfect for her, IMO.

If she winds up liking it, I am sure I won’t be far behind with a purchase myself.

From what I can see of the videos and the discussions here, there is already a lot going on. What are the bigger pieces missing that keep it EA? Just rough around the edges?

I believe they actually wanted to release it as a full product last year, but decided against it. However, I don’t think that would have been wise. It’s a pretty full featured game, but I’m not sure I’d say it’s fully baked.

That said, the latest update was huge and added a lot of stuff. If he keeps updating like this, it might reach Dwarf Fortress one day.

Pretty much “release shyness” at this point.

Thank you! It sounds like she is getting a new game for her bf. I’m sure she’ll find time to play it. I remember during her DF days she was really into it which I guess you have to be to tolerate that UI or lack of.

More videos plx. :)

Here you go (livestream)

Woot!

Are you chewing ice cubes? My wife does that. I hate that sound.

I didn’t realize I was at the time haha. I stopped

Great stream, thanks! I am in awe of your ability to play continuously at 3x speed like that.

I’m only 15-20 hours in and have enjoyed making a few colonies and enjoying the early game discovering the mechanics. Kind of feel like I’ve hit a bit of a wall now and wondering what to do now. It seems I should be researching and building more “fun” stuff. But my colony is quite self-sufficient now and not under any threat.

Where do I go from here? I understand its largely a sandbox but what is a good direction to go at this point?

Removed target practice dummy as we can’t have nice things and incendiary weapons. Three colonists dead trying to put out fire while someone was still shooting the dummy with laser weapon.

Just speed up time. Soon enough, crazy shit will happen.