Rimbo World

I have a new favorite mini-story. I started an exiled tribe game with three tribesmen in the mountainous desert. Only a few days into the game, a quartet of colonists from the outlander union came to visit. They were outraged that I didn’t have any joy items set-up yet nor any guest beds (I still had my people sleeping in a roofed outdoors area). One by one, they all had mental breaks. Two guys started shooting at each other from a few feet away, barely doing any damage before calming down. Two women began stabbing each other in my cotton fields, with one of them dying. The second woman’s rage was not yet abated, so she turned and started stabbing the first living thing she could find: a boomrat. She…did not make it. I lost rep with the colony for not saving her life, but she was at 755% bleeding with multiple missing limbs. I didn’t even try.

On the plus side, I got some new weapons without having to fight anyone.

This is just the sort of thing that’ll happen when you’re not courteous to visitors, they were right to blame you, but the ensuing violence does seem a tad overly dramatic.

You come to a 3-day old camp run by a bunch of petulant teenagers who ran away from home and see what kind of accommodations you get.

For some people, the only thing keeping them from going nuts and shooting everything in sight is a game of horseshoes.

My guys do like their horseshoes. But they also like the art one of my guys makes that looks pretty damn ugly to me, yet they go stare at it anyway. TV not surprisingly has proven a hit with everyone.

No matter how much I give’em though, the pyros still light stuff up regularly.

Here’s one small thing that irritates me that I hope gets corrected:

Pawn is mining something across the map. Then he decides it’s time for bed, and he leaves the steel chunks and walks to his bedroom. Why wouldn’t he pick up some chunks, drop those at the stockpile, then continue to bed after?

Maybe he/she wasn’t a hauler just a miner?

In any case this is why I have some arctic wolves (there are other animals you can train for this as well of course, just happens to be what I stumbled across) with unfettered access to the map, they don’t tend to get attacked so it’s safe to let them roam around and they haul stuff for me. While you can’t specifically task them to do it, since they aren’t tasked with anything else they’re pretty good about doing it.

This is close to what you want, it worked for me:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1161112205

Whoah, perfect!! I’ve been avoiding mods so far (to try out the vanilla experience) but have added a few needed ones and I’m going to try this tonight. Thanks!

Accurate.

And yet, I like it.

Some of us don’t need hand-holding. :P

But a Tactical Nuke has its uses…

I’m sure there’s a mod for that. :P

This is likely a dumb question, but I wasn’t having any luck searching for a definitive answer: does kibble require refrigeration?

Wiki says “Kibble never spoils if it is under a roof”

Ah, guess I missed that bit, cool, so just needs a roof. Good to know, I’ve been wasting a fridge on it and was thinking about kicking it and the animals out of the central base and out into a separate pen area where I’d throw not only the kibble but also plant some hay.

I eventually get any none war useful animals in a pen, and I also build them a barn where where I deny them access to the food until no other food is available, like grass.

RimWorld is the ultimate power fantasy, where you’re actually able to say no to your pets. No, you can’t jump up on the furniture. No, I will not share every single meal with you. Go off to the barn where I restrict you and eat some kibble!