Rimbo World

If I can offer some feedback; he is a little too head-banging.

Nice cover, though.

Does that style of music fit a ‘named’ genre of any sort beyond ‘country rock’? It is basically Starcraft2/Firefly/Hellecasters instrumental but I love it and don’t really know how to find other stuff that matches.

That cover is phenomenal.

Yeah, I don’t know how to categorize it either, but I have to say I really liked it. I think having heard it for 100 hours in the game and still liking it was just nice to see it performed live for some reason.

I’ve been wondering about that: according to the composer Alistair Lindsey the track uses 2 separate guitar tunings for the intro / main sequence making it impossible to perform live, without some adjustments at least.

Interesting. Could be they shot it to look like they were performing it live. Still liked seeing someone playing it.

Oh, you guys didn’t notice that? It’s the same dude playing all the instruments, and in one shot/phrase that keeps coming up he has a capo on this guitar and in the rest he doesn’t, and when he’s playing the lead guitar part he switches back and forth between the bottleneck without actually putting it away/taking it out.

I think to play it live you’d need two rhythm guitars, maybe two lead guitars, and one bass.

The closest thing I’ve heard to it is this:

Which has the same flavor but definitely is a little harder and doesn’t match in all dimensions, so may or may not scratch your itch. But maybe if you track down the genre of the Artist (Clutch) then you can find other similar music.

Different genre (and getting further afield w/r/t RimWorld) but there’s also this guy’s Echos cover involving vocals and four instruments:

Clutch is one of my favorite bands.

Pandora introduced me to “Regulator” and I just had to learn how to play it so now it’s deeply stuck in my brain.

Isn’t Blues Saraceno kind of in that genre of music too? I mean…

Also, Rebel Galaxy. Just saying.

double+ neck guitars have been around for ever…Here’s an ancient alien with one:

http://www.doublenecksg.com/images/upload/Image/download.jpg

though this one is a little extreme:

I bought my first Clutch album when I was 16. It was there first. I never expected to still love them 25 years later. Their sound has changed and warped over the years, but it’s always been into something I like. I hope folks don’t mind, but here’s some of my favorite Clutch songs

(warning, lots of pig balls in this video)

(For Archer fans, Aisha Tyler is a huge Clutch fan and directed this video for the song Gone Cold)

No real order for these, just as I saw them. Love these folks.

I just started playing this and I have some questions.

I am running out of components and after googling this, people say to buy them from traders or there is some work table I can make to craft them (not recommended because it is a huge waste of resources). I do not even know what research I need for that crafting table. None of the traders that come by have components for sale. What am I to do?

I figured that maybe I needed space traders. So I built a com station and one of those beacons. The beacon said it can be built inside, which I did, in the middle of my mountain base. Will this even work? After building it, I have never seen a space trader come by. The docs said that they would call me on my com station, but so far, no calls. No one ever mans it though, I am not sure why.

Can someone explain animal husbandry to me? I started with a warg, who just ran around and didn’t do anything. I sold him to a trader. Later on, several animals self-domesticated. They are just running around all over the place. I zoned an animal area, but that doesn’t seem to do anything. The animals ignore it, it seems.
I would like to get some animal products, like eggs (which I assume will count as animal protein for cooking) and maybe milk.

Can someone recommend some slightly advanced tutorials, that might cover these topics? The ones I find are just the basic like food and stuff.

Is there a way to see how much power you are using vs how much you are producing?

Is there a way to limit how many of an item can go into a stock pile? I just unzoned a corn farm, because my freezer was becoming full of corn.

Oh, and I just found out that cave walls = super ugly. All my colonists complain that everything is ugly as sin, and I had no idea what to do about it. Perhaps it is the walls, but smooth floors and some sculptures do not seem to help much.

The tech is Component Assembly. It’s about halfway up the tree. But you need steel to make them, which considering the amount of things you need steel for, means you are indeed better of buying them. The only type of trader that carries components is the bulk goods trader and not always.

For early components look to deconstruct ship chunks that fall from the sky from occasion, mine it (dirty yellow-brown deposits near the map edges) or disassemble mechanoids.

You don’t need a beacon for space traders to show up. It’s used to mark goods for availability when a space trader shows up i.e. you can only trade goods with a space trader that are within a beacon’s zone. This unlike caravans which allow you to trade everything.

Com stations don’t need to be manned. You use them by selecting a pawn and clicking on the station to contact other factions or a space trader if one is overhead. As to why you never seen one yet, they aren’t common. There’s a mod that increases trader frequency.

No to both. There is a mod for the former and for the latter you just have to split up your stockpiles.

For cave walls in particular use this:

The main cause of ugliness is a dirty floor. Make certain someone is cleaning. Also, stacks of goods have an inherent ugly rating so don’t use stockpiles within rooms that have another function. You can use shelves for that.

Thanks for the mod tip. That will save me a lot of trouble.
It seems that I am stuck until a bulk trader shows up to get more components. I think I used them all making guns and a bunch of turrets.

Oh, here is another one, additional colonies. I see that I can colonize an area. Is that like starting over to some degree? Ill need to build a whole new base, and just mine it out? I assume resources are not shared.

Extra colonies are a more convenient way to mine other maps for resources than caravans. If you play with Colonies: 1 you only have your main colony. You can only abandon it and set up shop elsewhere in that case.

And when you set them up, they are independent on the main one? Its just like you are controlling 2 colonies instead of one? If so, Ill pass on that. A single one is hard enough to defend, and my peons suck in combat. If they engage, it seems one or more has a life threatening condition by the time the threat is dealt with.

I have not gone on those rescue missions either, I am afraid of losing everyone I send.

When settling a colony on the world map, does the proximity to a faction, enemy or friend, make any difference? IE: If there are several hostile factions around, will I get raided more often when settling farther away from them?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1400249519

New mod. Very dwarfy.

(Lord of the Rims: The Third Age - big LOTR conversiony mod)

It’s nice to have a friendly settlement nearby so you can send caravans to trade with it. As far as I can tell, hostile settlements don’t have any impact on how much you get raided. They’re just an opportunity for you to go and raid them.

You’re right to be cautious about splitting up your people until you’ve got some that are good at combat. Components are precious and hard to replace, especially early in the game, so be careful about spending them. If you’ve run out and have an urgent need for more, you might scrap something you’ve already built.