Rimbo World

Hmm…we need a ‘serial killer’ trait.

EDIT: probably a mod somewhere…

A Dead of Winter kind of mod would fit right in with this game.

Good change. In my very first run through I had a starting pawn with the pyro trait and I could NOT figure out why fires kept appearing.

For those of you using quite a few mods. Do you notice a significant slowdown in your games once you get several pawns?

I had a significant slowdown for a while after building an AI manager, but it seemed not to be related to mods. Then it went away.

I haven’t redone all my mods since this last build, but no I did not. I had the large map going too but not the large, like 50% of the world or something like that in addition to the large area map but not the huge.

There must be something tanking my game. I’m using all of Fluffy’s mods and they’re pretty intensive across the board, so I wonder if it could be them.

It’s so bad that on triple speed it’s only like 1.5x speed.

So here’s another question that Google failed to answer.

What do I do here: I form a caravan to rescue a prisoner held nearby. I attack the base and by the of combat, one of my pawns gets shot up and goes down. Now what? The game says I need to rescue him by taking him to a medical bed, but I’m in a sector with no beds. Do I reform the caravan and carry him home?

So Rich Explorer, Cassandra medium, commitment mode, start in Tundra with zero, maybe 10 growing days.

Doable or crazy to try?

I used a mod to get bed rolls or sleeping bags or something so they could stay at the camp area. You could probably just make a bed real quick though, out of wood. If he’s like bleeding out he’s not going to make the trip back.

Build a sleeping spot and then you can rescue and treat them.

Designate a sleeping spot and set it as medical

Managed to pause and take a screenshot right at the moment when my mortar hit the ammo pile of an enemy siege. You can see where that explosion has now ignited a pile of incendiary ammo. That explodes a second later killing enough of their guys to cause them to stop building and rush my defenses.

Oh, and, turns out pyros will still start fires regardless of mood.

He’s happy. Mood 92%. But he’s still going to go set fire to the base’s power wires.

Maybe pyromania kicks in when a mood is high as well as low?

Duh obvs.

“Maybe starting a fire will make me feel better.”

“I’m feeling grrrrreat! I can’t imagine a better way to celebrate than starting a fire!”

Are there any particular settings recommended for beginners? Is it just a matter of doing the tutorial and then playing the Crashlanded scenario?

Sounds quite difficult, but that’s part of the fun right?

Heat will be a big issue relatively quickly. The combination of limited wood, as well as no batteries or solar panel researched can be an issue.

Crashlanded scenario with Phoebe as a storyteller at difficulty ‘builder’. This will disable the most lethal events. You could try ‘medium’—which includes all events—but expect to lose early and often.

This depends on how you want to learn. I would still recommend mods no matter what, and then just be ready to do it better than next time.

The nice thing about the difficultly is… you can change it as you go! Start with the Phoebe and when you feel like a jolt, turn the dial up. You might drop it again soon because there are some gnarly events out there. Losing a colony and figuring it out enough to do better next time is part of the fun.