Rimbo World

I think I’m going to get this but not till Nov. 7th. The story making sounds like fun.

Extremely helpful!

What happens November 7?

Don’t ask, you don’t want to know.

One really useful trick. If you want to harvest some bushes or trees, but only want to harvest the ones that are fully grown, instead of having to click on each one and check drag a growing zone over the area and set it to no sowing. Your guys won’t plant anything in it, but anything that is ready to harvest will be harvested.

US midterm elections are on November 6th. Hoping there isn’t a day (week, year, etc) of post-election incredulity and depression this time around.

I know I was up all night having a panic attack last time.

Diego

Well I knew that…I thought something game related might be happening.

Nice helpful document.

If I could make 1 suggestion, when you move your beds to the permanent bedrooms, you want to make sure you have quality crafted beds. Have your best crafter make a bunch of beds, and pick the best quality ones to go into the bedrooms. You can sell the rest to traveling merchants. Same goes for the beds in the Med Bay, and also prison, if you think you will be recruiting prisoners.

The colony started out so nice a wholesome. Two of my original colonists fell in love and got married. The third colonist also met and married someone early on. They’ve been in nice stable monogamous relationships.

I don’t know if it’s the bad influence of Liaws’s nudist drug addicted grandma (she’s almost been weaned off of her “afternoon tea”), but things are getting weird.

20181021212407_1

Indeed. Mila and Carrillo became lovers after landing, but when starvation set in, Carrillo became catatonic and wouldn’t get out of their bed. So Mila went out and slaughtered an elk, then left the corpse in their bed in hopes Carrillo would wake up and eat. He did not.

I bet that tiny, dark bedroom is not helping anyone’s mood either.

Looks like a solid gaming room.

That’d be a good room for storage… for instance, I’d probably store my gimp there.

I rescued Tony from a neighboring tribe he was seeking to escape from, turns out he was a doctor so potentially useful. Put my colonists with the best social skills to work wearing him down and convince him to join after burning through a decent amount of meds patching him up and one of my colonists injured killing the raiding party tailing him.

So weeks pass and we’re working him down, we get his resistance to joining to zero and he promptly attacks my colonists and makes a break for it.

I sent two other colonists, one with a gun and another with a knife to intercept his exit, let’s just say I’m not taking no for an answer given the amount of resources and time I’ve spent on him.

The rifle carrying colonists gets a shot off that hits him and slows him down so my knife welder can get in and hopefully incapacitate but not kill him and she gets the job done.

We haul him back to prison and work on healing him again,only infection sets in from one of the knife wounds and he dies.

RIP Tony the Doctor, you’ll be missed.

Stories that just arise out of your typical days worth of game play is why I love this game. Scripted narrative throws me out of immersion so fast these days I can’t abide playing RPGs, yet emergent stories no one wrote like this one, this I can experience for hundreds of hours and it never gets old.

Meh. I’ve lived in worse.

My colonists are hanging on so far this game. I managed to get power (+ batteries) going, a cold storage so food wouldn’t spoil all the time, and some work areas. We’ve recruited 1 raider to our cause, but we were just attacked by another raider. Unfortunately I missed the point where he began his attack run, so next thing I knew he was in the middle of my base trying to stab everyone. The raider was dealt with, and everyone survived, The poor boomrat they befriended though is in rough shape. They are nursing it back to health, but the raider cracked it’s skull, cut off a leg, and cut out both eyes. I’m hoping it doesn’t explode like a boomrat normally does when it dies, though it will make a good ending to the game.

Just like real life!

This.

Boomrat? Wait for a rainy day, take it out and shoot it asap. If it dies from wounds it will explode. I don’t recall if slaughtering it is safe or not.

The new wilderness tab is a great addition. It makes it much easier to find and kill all the boom animals when it starts raining.

There was a large area of ponds and mud north of my based on the map. I figured it would make a great killing zone. I lure the enemy in by leaving open doors and/or sniping and retreating into the area. Since the character pathfinding tries to avoid slow surfaces like mud and water I’ve put spike traps all along the edges of the ponds. As you can see I’ve been able to build quite a number of guns at this point too. There’s a switch at my base that turns them on and off. I usually wait until my prey is well inside the zone to turn them on since pirates and enraged animals will generally ignore the guns if they are not powered.

Shown is the aftermath of the latest raid. Seven guys from the pirate faction. Mostly armed with sniper rifles. Traps downed a couple of them as they made their way inside. Once I flicked the guns the rest lasted about two seconds before dying or fleeing. Once they were in flight my guys, who were waiting just behind the doors, piled out to take captives and take care of the remaining pirates. Nobody will be reporting back to their base.

(playing Cassandra medium)

I have had a great time getting into this game again after last trying it out a year or two ago.

I had a great colony going. Six members, guns aplenty, food stockpiled, ample power, and so on. Unfortunately they all starved during the winter. I had a hilarious combination of factors that caused me to run out of food:

• There was a toxic event so noone could go outside and all the wildlife died.
  • I had bad power failures on the cusp of harvesting my first hydroponics crop.
  • One of my people got worms which made them eat ALOT.
  • One factor which was my fault is that I kept downed enemies alive during winter and fed them alot, even though they refused to join the club.

Looking forward to starting fresh with what I have learnt!