Rimbo World

Ooh, maybe I’ll get back into this. What mods do y’all use? Which are critical enough you’d wait for the modders to update before you patch to 1.1?

Fabric is a lot lighter. I am load my Chocob’s with plenty of fine and beautiful fabric to blow away those horrific bandits terrorizing the region and bring any survivors back as slave. They will have fine clean and custom made slave, prisoner with jobs, clothes just for them!

Problem? It’s that the goal? I feel it’s an obligation to build a team of bionic supermen to dispense justice and wooden limbs to the pirates and raiders that terrorize the good people of this lonely rimworld.

Holy moly. Surprise RimWorld expansion just launched!
https://rimworldgame.com/royalty/

So he added the nobles with the silly demands from dwarf fortress?

Bought.

After working your way to the last quest in Royalty, you’ll be tasked with “host[ing] the Imperial High Stellarch and his elite Stellic Guards in your luxurious court,” during which you will “protect them from their enemies, and be invited to leave the rimworld as an honored royal guest.”

That part sounds a bit like the Hospitality mod.

Dunno how well hosting the Stellarch would go in one of my colonies … if I ever get anywhere near luxury in my colonies, it pretty much turns into a 24/7 raid.

Huh, not sure what to make of this expansion. Royalty was not a feature I thought the game needed (I want wagons!), but anything that makes pawns crazy is a good thing. The quest system should lead to some interesting mods.

The hospitality mod used to cause late-game lag, so hopefully this expansion will be a nice replacement for it.

The steam reviews for this expansion are not useful. Looking forward to seeing some reports here!

I just got a mission to help a defector, and in return he will reveal the location of an outpost to steal psi tech and research it outside the Empire. Obviusly it makes them hostile.

It also added a bunch of fun quests, i like it so far.

It really does seem orthogonal to the starting scenario that forms the basis of the game.

Is the Empire a faction in the game, like the tribals, pirates, etc?

Yes! It’s an entire new faction and have their own cities.

Holy Smoley. I have no room in my gaming calendar but I will find a way to put this in today. And Resistance for HOI4 comes out tomorrow. The agony.

I wonder if you can collect taxes? I would love to hear “More Gold Your Majesty!”

Crap, i just dropped 8 hours into a tribal start that i was REALLY enjoying.

And sorting through the mods that work and don’t work is going to be a pain.

I am so excited!

@Jason_McMaster are you back from CA to show us how the new expansion works tonight?

One Big Problem. Rim Fridge Does not work with 1.1 yet and I seriously don’t think I can play the game without it. Call me spoiled. I hope it gets updated quickly. There seem to be some posts asking for it on the workshop page but the author hasn’t responded. I don’t think I can go back to storing all my food on the ground :)

I see what you did there.

Oh dear god. My poor free time.

DO you get missions early on? I’ve never gotten so far in Rimworld that I was ever able to take on a mission… maybe I just like the early-mid game too much but I always seem to start new games before reaching a point where my colony is strong enough to do missions

You get missions all the time now even in the first few days, some are easy some are tough.

I just got a mission that i had to babysit 2 people for 5 days and keep their happiness above 20%, you control them during that time (easy right?) so the game decided to throw a plague at me that ended up killing the 2 visitors and infecting 5 out of 7 of my colonists (2 died).

I also got raided in the meantime. Fun fun!

I’ll be back tomorrow night but probably wont stream til wednesday or thursday