RIP Barbara Bush

Kind of sad/sweet that he is dying from a broken heart.

Yeah, though he was barely hanging on as it was. This is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

When my mom died, my step dad who loved her so much followed quickly. Same for my grandparents. Sadly beautiful in a way.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

No, that isn’t quite right.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

No that isn’t quite right either, I think it best to quote the wise philosopher Kanye who said:

Sometimes we be playing the politics too much and forget who we are just to win.

I approve of Melania at least attempting to be compassionate. At least she’s not tweeting from the golf course.

Oh, do they allow women in his golf course?

I honestly don’t know. I mean I don’t get an Augusta vibe from it, but knowing Trump, it’s plausible.

Augusta allows women. They are even hosting a major women’s golf tournament this year.

I would imagine 99% of country clubs allow women to play or be members. Now, as for when they can play as a non-paying member is the question. Wife’s often are told when to play, women paying the bills are often allowed the same rights as the men.

I knew this as of six years ago, but what I was attempting to say is that I don’t get that old-sexist vibe from Mar-A-Lago, by it’s description anyway. For all I know, though, it’s just as filled with old cronies.

I think Mar-a-lago is as much a housing development as golf course so my guess is women own the course on Tuesdays and couples can play after certain hours.

Based solely on its owner, I get a full on hardcore old-sexist vibe from it.

It must suck to be a golf aficionado at Mar-a-Lago. You pay all this money to own a house or pay dues to use the course and every other weekend you’re simply going to be barred from using it at all.

I was golfing with a business partner at the Army-Navy Country Club here in Northern Virginia (to be clear here, I suck at golf, but he had a membership and it was a nice day) back in the late 1990s. We were on like the 15th hole when a group of very polite men in black suits came and told us that we needed to clear the fuck off the course immediately. Turns out that Bill Clinton had a free afternoon and wanted to play. Like I said, it was a nice day.

My buddy just shrugged and started to pack up, so I did the same, though it seemed odd to me – we were on the 15th hole and would never be within a quarter mile of the POTUS. Later on he explained that it was just a fact of life for that course: the Prez was a member and when he wanted to play the Secret Service made sure there were no unvetted persons holding metal clubs anywhere near him. If it was earlier in the day, the course would have refunded our green fees, but since we were mostly done it was time to see how many orders of magnitude higher my score was to his and kick back a couple beers… but not in the clubhouse because that was now closed off to us too.

Having anything at all to do with Trump in any way must suck.

So Bush is out of intensive care. They say he’s talking to people and feeling better. FWIW.

Good. He is a decent man. One of the rare Republicans who I disagree with but respect. The man is also a war hero in my eyes.