RIP Barnes & Noble

That’s a bathroom book. You can’t return a bathroom book!

I remember growing up we had a B. Dalton, Waldenbooks, Crown books all in the same mall. Later on there was a stand-alone B&N, which slowly made the others close down. Then a Borders came and went, and all that was left was B&N.

I get a disgusting feeling every time I touch real paper.

Agreed. It’s barbaric the way that we used to print text on formerly living things. I’ve seen some old historical records showing how they literally pulped our green brothers and sisters simply for the opportunity to send messages to one another. And don’t get me started on the whole “sheepskin” thing. Ugh.

When civilisation crash and the batteries run out. We’ll find sheepskins useful again, and stone tablets.

So you use a bidet?

No, I’ve never used one. Do you?

No, but I’d like to.

I am interested in trying something like this one day:

I rent the whole bottom floor of a house- the owners live upstairs. They have one of those (or one like it- heated seat/water, dual nozzles, fan, etc.) installed on their toilet. It’s nice- I occasionally go up there expressly to use it when they aren’t home. They do still seem to go through a lot of toilet paper, though.

Note: you do need to have a power outlet nearby (or get it hardwired into the wall).

Bidets are awesome. I got one for like $30 off Amazon and installed it on the toilet in 5 minutes with like 2 tools.

That’s the main thing that prevents me from picking one of these things up - the bathroom I’d use it in doesn’t have an outlet. I could probably run one from the light/fan switch, but I’d end up tearing up an entire wall.

Even that doesn’t frighten me too much, but I know where these things lead:

• I need to run a power line in the bathroom.
  • I have to tear up the wall to run the line.
  • Since I’m tearing up the wall, I’ll need to repaint the room.
  • Since I’m repainting the room, I should replace those damaged tiles.
  • Really, replacing a couple chipped tiles is silly; I’ll replace them all with modern tiles.
  • I’ve got to move all the cabinets to make the tile replacement look good.
  • Man, these cabinets are pretty dated; probably ought to just by new ones that’ll better match the tiles.
  • Welp, as long as I’ve moved out all the cabinets, pulled up all the tiles and ripped up all the walls, there’s never going to be a better time to replace that tub with a nice, glass-walled shower that I’ve always wanted.
  • Now where’s my credit card…?

So no. I can’t get a bidet; they’re too expensive.

I complained about power line and someone on QT3 linked a manual bidet.

The only issue is you gotta make sure it fits because it attaches through the toilet seat holes. I have a weird toilet upstairs and it doesn’t fit.

Oh damn, sorry to hear it didn’t fit yours.

@Tin_Wisdom, would definitely recommend something like ours. We’ve been on a 2 week cross country road trip and I sorely miss ours!

Try this manual bidet. It is inexpensive, and has the thinnest piece that fits under toilet seat section.

Warning…if you get it turn water up slowly especially if it is first time using a bidet.

I am at the Dice Tower Con and really miss the bidet. Too bad hotels do not have them. Everyone could try one when on a trip!

Where is Tom to spin this off into a new thread? TOM!

New thread? Talking about things going down the toilet seems to line up with Barnes & Noble quite nicely

Even the humblest business hotel in rural Japan provides bidet toilets. They also have many independent bookstores, even in small towns.

Well, that’s not the only issue. The water in the manual ones can be a bit… chilly on your nether regions.

This just may be the one I get. Thanks.