RIP Bob Einstein -- a k a Superdave Osborne (Arrested Development/Curb also)

I had no idea he and Albert Brooks were related until reading the article above.

Starting to think I put the first post in invisible ink by mistake again…;)

I read the article above before reading your post, if that helps. Saw the title and sought out confirmation.

I still remember this line from Super Dave while he was on Bizarre. He was on a spinning wheel while the stunt was for an Indian to shoot arrows at him:

May the great eagle fly over your house and shit on it!

I was busting up at the time (due to the character and setup), and it still cracks me up, 35 years later.

Little Orphan Funkhouser

And something else I didn’t know: comedy – as you might suspect – runs in the family.

Here’s dad:

Rip Super Dave. Watching his appearance on the first Norm MacDonald podcast as tribute, he killed it the whole time. He tells lots of stories about his career in the episode, which are hilarious and really interesting. Some of the shows he mentions are not in his wiki:

He had a scene-stealing cameo as a salesman taking advantage of a distraught Albert post-breakup in Modern Romance that’s always stayed with me. His husky delivery always killed me. RIP

Warning: the clip below is about as not safe for work as it gets!

Yeah, the guy that died onstage, like I mentioned. Talk about invisible ink.

I remember when he started appearing as Super Dave on the John Byner Comedy Hour. He was fun to watch.

Where he also appeared as Officer Judy. RIP

At least he is with his nephew now. RIP Marty Funkhauser.

I would have loved to sit at the dinner table with that father and those two brothers.

Someone posted Einstein’s hilarious scene from Modern Romance (one of Kubrick’s favorite films).

“I misjudged you. I’m not perfect.”

Amazing.

Wow, I’ve never seen Modern Romance and now I really want to.

You have to. It is amazing.

Bump.

Oh, very nice! On the calendar.

I rewatched Bob’s episode with Norm McDonald after Bob passed, and again when Norm passed. Another viewing might be in order for me.