Rip DVD audio

My dad has some concert DVDs that he wants to rip to MP3s (i.e. rip the audio only). I see there are a bunch of programs to do this, anyone know of a particularly good one?

I have done it two ways. Both worked acceptably well, so take your pick.

First I rip the audio stream only with DVD Decrypter (I know, I know, you aren’t supposed to be able to get it anymore). I am sure there are other options that work as well, but this is the one I have used the most. You can select stream processing and then just select the audio stream to rip.

Once you have that ripped, either use BeSweet (with the BeSweet GUI, unless you like command line stuff) to convert it to mp3. The other option I have used is Mediacoder to convert the ac3 to mp3.

Doom9.org is probably the best resource for DVD ripping and transcoding that I am aware of. Lots and lots of info and links there. Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the Doom9 link. I’d like to make this a one-step process, so ripping to AC3 and then converting to MP3 with another program is out, but I’m sure I’ll be able to find something on Doom9.