RIP Lance Reddick

He was so good. Loved him in Fringe, and every time he’d show up in other shows. Lots of video game work too. (Quantum Break, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Destiny, etc.)

60 is way too short a run. Glad he found such success.

Damn it.

Whenever I’ve seen him he moved extremely stiffly. I always wondered if it was health related.

Had no idea who this guy was until I saw his picture and then thought, oh no it’s the Lieutenant from The Wire!

Captain Holt is still alive

My wife went to high school with Mr. Riddick. A Friends school in Baltimore. She is devastated atm.

Fuck. I rewatched John Wick 2 about a week ago, so he’s fresh in my mind. He was so, so good. What a loss.

RIP. What a voice! Was just enjoying him as the voice of one of the dragons on the Critical Role show.

It’s an interesting question isn’t it? Because the dude was absolutely jacked, and not surprisingly after looking up details was a Yale grad, but during the Wire he’s like a RoboCop of jacked perfect posture, even when he’s just moving around during sex scenes. I guess that could have been something deeper and medical, but when I watch the Wire I’m just like, “Damn, that dude is put together in about four ways I can’t even touch.”

I also really enjoyed him in a very funny supporting role in Corporate in recent years, in addition to all of the bigger names. So Cool is exactly the right description. RIP.

You all need to do yourselves a favor and watch the Netflix Resident Evil series to see Lance Reddick as Wesker. He does some incredible work there.

RIP, far too young to go.

I’m not sure if it will be his final film, but Lance Reddick recently finished shooting scenes for William Friedkin’s remake of The Caine Mutiny.

He looked brilliant for 60. I loved his work and was always excited to see him pop up. He struck me as refreshingly fun-loving with immense talent and a great eye for picking interesting projects. This. Is. Bullshit. RIP.

People have already mentioned the Wire (maybe the best performance on a show of great performances) and his Eric Andre appearance, so I’ll shout out this Key & Peele sketch:

I went down this rabbit hole a few years ago after making a similar observation. Turns out, the stiff walking was because of a back injury he had before he became an actor.

He was such a presence in his roles. The glorious second rôle that makes things worth watching. My wife loved him to bits in Fringe.
I felt so strongly moved by this shocking news while I only saw him a few times, I can’t even consider what the people who knew him may feel.

Ah man, I didn’t see this one coming. He was always so good in everything he was in. This sucks, especially at only 60. Way too young.

RIP…the wire, so many more.

One of my favorite scenes and lines.

“The truth, it doesn’t bend it breaks, Cedric.”
“Bend too far, you’re already broken.”

— Alan

Lance’s wife gave a special thank you to Destiny players for paying tribute to him.