RIP Martin Landau

Perhaps this should be in the TV section but hell, he won an Oscar.

Loved him in Mission: Impossible, which he did after turning down the role of Spock. And of course, there’s Space: 1999 with its $12 budget.

Jeesh, shitty day for awesome people dying. I’ll always remember his best as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood and the murderous optometrist in Crimes and Misdemeanors.

So, so great as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood. He’s terrific as one of the creepy heavies in North By Northwest.

Aw man, bummer day. Just want to add that Landau was in a seriously great Twilight Zone episode, The Jeopardy Room.

100% co-signed. One of my favorite episodes.

“Call it a woman’s intuition.” - ML in NxNW.

This calls for a Space 1999 marathon…which has nothing to do with the fact that I always thought Barbara Bain was hot when I was a kid.

According to the Hollywood Reporter obituary, in addition to staring in an iconic television series, winning multiple Golden Globes, and an Oscar, Landau was close friends with James Dean and dated Marilyn Monroe. What a life!

I loved his performances in Ed Wood and Crimes and Misdemeanors so much.

TIL: George Romero worked on the set of North By Northwest as an errand boy (per Reddit). So that seems to be the tribute movie of choice to watch this week.

RIP. One of those actors who could seemingly pop up anywhere when I was a kid - in a movie, as a guest star on an hourly drama, on a talk show, in a rerun of something like Twilight Zone. And he was always great.

:(

Rest In Peace to a true great

Indeed. Was a kid when that was on TV, and still remember it, despite the clunky 70s special effects, and, oh–those 70s sci-fi outfits!

Space 1999 Costumes

Loved the man. Watched Remember just two weeks ago and was delighted to see Landau in it. Oh well - he lived quite the life and got to do the job he enjoyed until the very end. Farewell.

Wonderful actor. RIP.

Apart from his magnificent turn in Ed Wood, I fondly remember his performance in Tucker and Crimes and Misdemeanors. RIP.

Man, as a kid I had a Space 1999 lunchbox and a small diecast model of one of the ships from the show.

RIP Mr Landau.

I watched Crimes and Misdemeanors just this Saturday and his self pitying performance is really something else. Still the first phrase that comes to mind when i see his face is “Pull the string!”.

I’ve always loved Crimes and Misdemeanors. Given his presence in North by Northwest, another link to bygone days is… gone. RIP.