RIP: Scooby

My bird died a few hours ago. I’m hysterical, the wife is hysterical. More later in this place.

That sucks, Rich. What kind of bird?

Bugger, sorry to hear Rich!

Quaker parrot, I believe, based on his earlier posts.

Rich, I’m so sorry for your loss. He was clearly a much loved member of your family.

She was a cute bird. Sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss, Rich.

I’m fucking devastated. I wish I knew what happened. She was breathing heavy on top of her cage. When I saw that I knew something was wrong. I was looking for a local avian vet when she climbed into her cage and started to make strange noises. She wouldn’t let me pick her up. Then she fell to the bottom of the cage. After a few flutters of her wings she was gone.

I don’t know what to say after that. She was my baby. I loved her so fucking much. I still love her. Nite nite forever baby. Fuck

Wow, hate to hear that Rich. I know full well how hard it is to lose a feathered friend, hang in there. It’s obvious that Scooby was well loved and lived a joyful life, and brought a lot of joy into yours. May those memories bring comfort to you.

Sorry to hear of your loss of Scooby, Rich.

Sad to hear this. :(

I loved the pics of Scooby you posted, Rich. So sorry.

Sorry to read of your loss, Rich.

Ach. I’m really sorry, Rich. Scooby was clearly an awesome friend. I remember grinning like an idiot when you described how she’d yell “Splish splash! Splish splash!” when she wanted a bath—and the consequences if you didn’t hop to it. My condolences. Losing a pet just sucks.

That is awful, Rich. How long was Scooby with you? From what I understand those types of birds live a long time.

Best wishes, Rich.

My condolences, Rich. :(

So sorry to hear, Rich. :(

That’s messed up. Sorry to hear it my friend. Hang in there.

Aww, man that sucks. Sorry Rich. :(

First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts. I’m still not doing that well. The whole family is pretty broken up. You wouldn’t think that a bird would be something that you could get so close to, yet here I am. I probably won’t be around that much in the near future. I’m just that upset. Maybe soon I’ll come back and post some pictures or something. Right now I need time to heal.

Thanks again for your comments. Much love,

Rich