RIP Sean Connery (1930 - 2020)

So many memories of him in movies and all of them good. Even parts he took on a whim (for the cash) like Dragonheart, still resonate with me as things I liked and it was mostly because of him. His voice and personality were magnetic, and no small part of how he got the part and cemented Bond as a franchise.

RIP Sir Connery, thank you for the great memories through your work.

RIP…a full life.

We will never forget the Penis Mightier.

Another great.

Did he ever return to Scotland?

10 years ago from what I can find via google.

Also nice interview re:Scotland when he turned 90 this past August:

Connery has had many memorable roles, but whenever I think of him, it’s James Bond, and whenever I think of James Bond, it’s Connery that immediately comes to mind.

Reading his obit over lunch, I was reminded of two of his movies I love and now want to watch again - Robin & Marion and The Man Who Would Be King

He was always that handsome old man that like 4 generations of my family were charmed by. Never connected with the bond stuff myself. RIP.

Wow. RIP.

I have never seen a Bond movie with him, but I appreciated him very much in The Rock (first film I have seen with him), Indiana Jones, Outland and Hunt for the Red October. He had such presence and charisma.
Rest in peace Mr. Connery.

Loved the enthusiasm and massive charm he brought to the screen in The Man Who Would Be King, which is an all-time perfect movie. He was quite terrific as a detective in a very dark Sydney Lumet film called The Offence, and growing up in the 90s he really elevated The Hunt for Red October and The Rock. I believe the last thing I remember seeing him in was Entrapment where Catherine Zeta-Jones plays his love interest despite a 40ish year age gap. I was more concerned he was going to die during their romantic scenes than any of the shoot outs!

I have not seen all of his films. But I liked or loved every one that I did watch.

I read an obituary that pointed out that he starred in both a Hitchcock movie and a Michael Bay movie. What a career.

A wonderful story.

A little bonus for scrolling through the replies.

Funny that even though I’m a huge Bond fan, The Hunt For Red October is the first image that comes up when I think of him.

“Hey, Ryan, be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don’t react too well to bullets.”

This was savage
https://twitter.com/briankoppelman/status/1322718347960700928?s=20

Also, it appears the director in question was Brett Ratner. Hahahahhahaha. Wow, Connery nailed it. Bucket of smoke, indeed.

I think the only Bond movie I ever saw is some rerun of Never Say Never Again on tele. He is Dr. Jones Snr for me. Oh and I saw him in the Rock!

RIP. He had a good innings at 90.