Rise of Industry

Oh my, those screenshots are giving me a strong Industry Giant 2 vibe.

Main inspiration :)

I played Industry Giant 2 for the first time about a year ago and liked it quite a bit. Looking forward to Rise of Industry - nice sense of humor in the teaser video.

https://forum-cdn.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/08026c378ca50b795935b1f2f0d94c106d6efa57.jpg

Me:

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the art style, but you know what, I looked at some pretty subpar blocky things as a kid and loved it, so if she runs well, has some depth and has some fuel to keep us going, I’ll try it. It’s a got cheap mobile look to it but the website is suggesting so much more!

It’s interesting on this board too that hot flashes is seen as a… positive.

Just to be clear I am a huge fan of the art style. The face I posted was from SNL where Samberg was…overly excited. Though it might be interpreted differently out of context.

That;s excited? Really?

Excited…downstairs.

To be clear, that’s not excitement.

This thread is taking an odd turn.

At least it isn’t taking a WRONG TURN

http://cdn6.ihorror.com/app/uploads/wrong-turn.gif

har har har

Who doesn’t love a good hamburger? Erburn seems to have a thing for them, so I blew $5 million just to install a massive production complex for them. It’s also disgustingly inefficient because I have little idea what I’m doing and built everything out of place, but I’ll be damned if I don’t find the sight of trucks full of fresh water, wheat, beef, dough and hamburgers to be unreasonably satisfying.

“Rise of Industry is a strategic tycoon game that puts you in the shoes of an early 20th-century industrialist.”

This sounds really promising.

If you told me those screenshots were from OpenTTD with a slightly tweaked tileset, I’d believe you.

For someone who hasn’t played Industry Giant 2 or OpenTTD much how similar will this (likely) be to the brilliant Capitalism series?

I love Cap 2, Industry Giant and the only reason I didn’t get into OpenTTD is I find the railroad light system obnoxious.

Can’t speak to this game, but Capitalism is much more focused on optimising all aspects of specific product lines than Industry Giant, which is a little more macro, a lot more transport focused, and less, well, businessy.

It’s a mix between the 3: not as micro as OTTD (definitely not so signal-oriented), a bit more complex than IG2, but not as extreme as Capitalism

Looks interesting, but I hope the gameplay doesn’t turn out to be a puzzle of obfuscated information.