Rise of Legends GOLD

I couldn’t get the ‘advanced whatever demo/test thingy’ to run. Is it true they’ve taken out flanking?

Is now the right time to curse at this GreyPawn guy? Maybe tell him how his buggy game is the devil and killed my PC?

Question, I just got my pcgamer in the mail yesterday with the ROL demo on it, is that the demo that was released about a month ago?

Good question. I do believe it is the latest, but I’ll find out for you just to be sure.

Is it true they’ve taken out flanking?

Flanking is out, but in its place are things like tree-cover, trampling, poison, plague, and numerous foot soldier tactical modes.

Is now the right time to curse at this GreyPawn guy? Maybe tell him how his buggy game is the devil and killed my PC?

No time like the present! I will do my level best to address your specific concerns and answer any inquiries you might have.

Corporate doublespeak!!

Ok seriously, I played the RoL demo and my PC couldn’t really handle it. I had some complaints with the tutorial, but I’ll wait and see a final demo before I really let you have it :D

I’d love an excuse to play a new RTS with my friends though, so I’m really hoping this is the one.

Yeah, can anyone find out if the RoL demo on the PCG DVD is the same as the one that’s on the internet, cause I’ll play it if its not :). Will the second demo have other maps?

Yeah, can anyone find out if the RoL demo on the PCG DVD is the same as the one that’s on the internet, cause I’ll play it if its not :). Will the second demo have other maps?

Found out for ya. The demo on the disc is actually the earlier sneak-preview demo, because it generally takes magazines about a month and a half to go from submitted code to packaged disc. The new demo will be out tomorrow and available for download, and it does indeed have an additional map.

SHILL! SHILL!

Just kidding Grey Pawn, thanks for answering questions here. I think I have a man crush on BHG (and Reynolds in particular); I do not believe there is anything that he has been involved with gamewise that I did not at least admire greatly, if not play heavily.

“Is today New Demo Day?” he asked hopefully…

Yeah I sure hope the demo comes out soon, I need to play this !!!

Blues says new demo today…

I hope. I was planning on starting the download before I went to work today, but no such luck.

Blue’s News is “news” in terms of GreyPawn posting a thread on Blue’s News saying the demo will be out on Friday, and that’s the same thing that happened here ;).

So is the demo out? I am downloading a 630 meg one from the offical RoL site, there is nothing about and old or new demo. The one on gamespot is 634megs and dated the 31st of march.

Its the old version :(

new demo: http://browse.files.filefront.com/Rise+Of+Nations+Rise+Of+Legends+Official+Demos/;1598134;

Pooh. I keep getting a “data1.cab is corrupted” error when I try to install demo #2. I guess I’ll try the download a third time.

Its happening to me too. I’m not even gonna try a second time. Oh BHG, when will you learn?

Yeah, definitely busted. Tried it three times from different mirrors and still doesn’t work. I was all excited for this one too :(

I’m not sure if this is your problem, but I heard you must reboot after uninstalling the first demo.

So what’s actually new in this demo? Is it just updated, or is it the same maps?