Rise of Nations: Difficulty levels?

Does anyone know what the impact of the different difficulty levels is on the game (or know of a place where this info is laid out)? Can’t seem to find this in the docs. Thanks!

Peter

Why don’t you just hover your mouse over the difficulty selector? The hover tip spells it out quite plainly… “tough” is the setting where the computer players play at their full ability without cheating, “normal” is where they play less aggressively. Lower settings, they get a resource penalty. Higher settings, they get a resource bonus.

Like most of the other stuff in the game, it’s spelled out in the tooltips. Just hover the cursor over the difficulty level and it’ll tell you exactly how it differs from the other difficulty levels.

Even though the manual isn’t anything special, Rise of Nations really is a superbly documented game.

-Tom

Tom are you getting a check from BHG for customer support? 'Cause damn.

Seriously. The “objective” journalists around here certainly have a soft spot for this game. They’re all “Crash bugs? What crash bugs? I don’t have crash bugs!”

:(

Seriously. The “objective” journalists around here certainly have a soft spot for this game. They’re all “Crash bugs? What crash bugs? I don’t have crash bugs!”

:([/quote]

It hasn’t crashed once for me.

– Xaroc

There’s even a little humor stuck in there. Take a look at the description for the Nuke. It says it’s best used against buildings and recommends not using it against units that can run fast.

I know you’re probably kidding (even though you did say “seriously”) but, seriously man, game reviewing can be a pretty annoying gig. Games that crash or don’t work make use really, really, angry. No metal lunch box graft could make up for wasting my afternoon reviewing unstable product. If it makes you feel any better, GTA 3: VC crashes a lot for me and does so in ways that seem to not plague the reviewers.