Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Trailer

The only billing is WETA for the special effects which leaves me wondering why that took so long to happen. So many blockbusters are just very realistically drawn cartoons.

Looks good.

I’m staying out of the hater thread.

YOU MUST FIGHT TO LIVE…ON THE PLANET OF THE APES

Even though the other thread had a better trailer link, I like this thread.

And I’m always a sucker for planetof the apes movies, so I’ll go see it. Now I gotta convince my SO.

I like even better now that it’s longer.

I noticed when I looked at the cast (was wondering if that was James Franco) that the ape is named Caesar, which makes me happy, plus makes me wonder if this is a partial remake/tribute to Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

While I’m a fan of the original movies, I think they’ve made a mistake with this revision. It’s just not at all plausible that the apes are a serious threat to civilization. The population’s too small, and our technological edge too great. The premise of the original movies was that the apes rose after a nuclear war, when we were effectively knocked out, and hence they had a much easier time taking over.

I guess I’m still kind of bummed by how bad the Mark Wahlberg remake of Planet of the Apes was, so I’m not expecting much from this either.

I read a rumor that the modern planet of the apes movie is more of a zombie film.

I thought the premise of the book was that there was some sort of birth difficulty issue, where families would raise baby apes instead of children. (Much like they do know with small dogs) Combined with starting to use apes as servants, which caused humans to kind of grow weak willed and soft to the things happening in their country, and slowly the apes took over. (Sorta like the USA and its citizens =)

The nukes were a last ditch attempt to stop the apes or something, or something the apes caused… I’m a bit foggy on it.

A virus brought back by the space program, as I remember it…

Second time I’ve made a repeat thread x_x

Anyway, I kinda agree that it makes no sense for apes to be bale to take control and thought it’d make more sense if the whole planet of the apes movies revolved around alternative universes instead - where non-human great apes created civilization and ended up using genetically modified humans as slaves while we humans used genetically modified apes as our slaves.

Just have a couple of cross-universe accidental space travels and you’re set.

Why does this exist?

Man that snap shot after Franco says “The Cure” is hysterical. I recommend just clicking the second before that moment a few times for a little on the fly youtube remix.

Also, is that Johnson from Peep Show!?

EDIT: Nope, false alarm. Man is that trailer sad. It sucks when your entire movie is a giant plot hole. IF IT MAKES YOU SMARTER TAKE THE DRUGS YOURSELF. Or just you know, shoot the apes with guns.

My guess (hope) is that the ape’s will run amok for a while and then King Chimp will use them as a distraction to start a nuclear war. That makes a lot more sense to me than just apes taking over by force (which seems so silly I am skeptical that the filmmakers would even consider it).

Which scene Kevin Smith comic book will be the closing shot for this movie?

I’m not following you there, what do you mean?

Oh no, I was wrong. It was Earth all along. Well, you’ve finally made a monkey… Oh, yes, you’ve finally made a monkey… You’ve finally made a monkey out of me!

(I love you Doctor Zaius)

He means this.

(I hope. I’m at work so couldn’t watch it, but the description seems right.)

There could be a story element that people are as smart as it’s possible to be. Which is several orders of magnitude more terrifying than a bunch of angry gorillas.

Or just you know, shoot the apes with guns.

Bullets! My only weakness!

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan A to chimpan Z.