Rise of the Tomb Raider is not coming to PlayStation

Or like one of my favorite moments from Pitch Perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

"Ladies, gather round. Ready for a show!"
"Bumper and Donald... Gettin' it! ...gettin' it..."

So were mass effect, bioshock, gta episodes and many other so called exclusives. The term exclusive isn't that ambiguous, it's the fact they always seem to specify 2015. Then Spencer revealed in this interview that the exclusive deal has a duration. Frankly I'm surprised more people haven't caught on, because it almost always goes down like this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...

Wait, how is most of wii u's game offering's not literally possible on other consoles? Like bayonetta 2, mario 3d, mario kart and super smash don't offer substantial support for the gamepad for it to be emulated similarly on other consoles. Wonderful 101, starfox and Pikmin 3 I can understand.

for it to not be emulated* woops, slight error there on my part.

I think that says that says quite a lot about the state of AAA design when watching a Let's Play is as satisfying as actually playing the game.

Back in the olden days, nobody wanted to be the one watching instead of playing.

You do realize that your attack on the MS tribe comment is based on you misreading or not getting the point made in the original comment, right?

Microsoft has definitely been that weirdo this generation. Things like the firm stance on DRM and then backtracking. Backtracking on cross-gen DLC purchases like in Zen pinball. They seem to have an inflated view of their leverage over the market and the desirability of their offerings compared to others. They want to rope off and control their little space, but that's just not where things are today with so many options.

You are absolutely right. Back in my youth you couldn't pry the controller out of my hands. Now, married and in grad school, I often times am more interested in watching others experience things in chunks that I can control. Being at the whim of a game designer's checkpoint system grinds my gears. At this point I primarily play co-op games with friends (such as Payday 2) as a means to reconnect with old pals. If there is a game that has an interesting story I hear about, more often than not, I'll watch what I want and move on.

You guys should get off each others lawn :P

Gah, why not watch a movie or a tv show. There are some games with good stories, and it's a special experience when you have a fun to play game with a good story, but I can't think of a game that was entirely worth it only for the story. Especially ones where the story is told in cutsceens

I think it's a general misconception that people who watch Let's Play videos are taking time away from playing games themselves. For example, I have about an hour each morning when I'm having breakfast, and about 90-minutes every evening while I'm working out. Any episodes of Super Replay, WTF Is..., or The Cackowski-Schnellcast I can watch during these periods isn't interfering with my gaming time -- it's time not spent watching ads on Hulu.

I'd also suggest that Let's Play videos are most entertaining when they're about games I'm not planning to play myself (Brandon's Bound by Flame playthrough, for example), or particularly deep and challenging games where I can learn something by watching someone else (Dark Souls, DOTA 2, etc.) Something as linear and trite as a Call of Duty campaign wouldn't appeal to me -- unless the commentary was particularly great -- but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who felt differently.

No I got it, just fine, and it's a timed exclusive anyway, it IS coming to PS4 so that's really moot, no one is missing out on anything to begin with.

I've always enjoyed watching games, and I'd much rather watch someone play most older games than actually play them myself, since the player experience is much rougher and games were frequently hard in bullshit ways.