Rise of the Tomb Raider

Oh well. They won’t be getting my money.

It’s amazing that they’re even keeping it from PC players as well.

That’s a damn shame. I really enjoyed the first one, but I’m not planning on ever getting an XB1 so I guess I won’t get to play the sequel.

Yikes, looks like it’s actually being published by MS? Maybe an actual exclusive deal.

“Rise of the Tomb Raider” (Crystal Dynamics, Microsoft Studios).

Would’ve gladly bought for pc or ps4, guess they don’t want my money.

They have Microsoft’s money.

Blergh.

Way to piss off customers.

Business these days is suicidal.

That’s a bummer. I really liked TR, but I don’t imagine I’ll ever own a XBone (or a PS4). But, even if it is a Microsoft exclusive… doesn’t Microsoft make, um, some kind of desktop OS? Maybe I’m misremembering. Something about portals, or viewports, or something.

Even though I’ve never been a fan of the franchise, I loved the last Tomb Raider reboot and would be more than willing to purchase a followup, but there’s no way I’m going to also buy an Xbox for this one. Someone can tally up another lost sale here.

I suspect the PC port will come eventually like Dead Rising 3.

Whoa, that press release has changed. Now it just says “Rise of the Tomb Raider” (Crystal Dynamics).

oh snap

Holy shit, what kind of deal does it take to make them walk away from a console with a >2:1 sales advantage!

If you include the 360, it’s more like 1:1, and if you read the press releases carefully, it looks to me like they’re going to be releasing a 360 version. Every time they talk about Tomb Raider’s exclusivity, in three different places, it says “on Xbox”. For every other Xbox One exclusive, it’s always “on Xbox One”.

That’s a parody account, but still funny.

Doesn’t really affect me, since I own PS4, XB1 and a still decent PC. But I thought Crystal Dynamics was owned by Eidos/Square. How can Microsoft be publishing a game for them? Are they not owned by Square?

Maybe they’re not, who knows? The press release sharaleo linked to originally said “Rise of the Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics, Microsoft Studios)”, but now says “Rise of the Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics)”. So maybe just a mistake originally.

Or SE getting cold feet at the 11th hour based on internet feedback?? #conspiracytheory :D

Yeah. Was it removed because it was wrong information, or because it was correct information but revealed too soon? #thetruthisoutthere

As Nigel Tufnel would say, “Is this a joke?”