Rise of the Tomb Raider

I get the same thing. Everytime I open the map it’s black with just the outline. If I drag the map around to a certain new area the details pop in, then I can drag it back to my real location and it will display properly.

Add me to the map problem list. The icons only show up after jiggling the handle, I mean mouse. I consider it a mini game: press the mouse button and quickly shake from side to side.

Waggle controls are back!

I met the dude at the soviet base that sells stuff (rope ascender, outfits) , question… Is this stuff that I will find later as I keep playing?

I sorta dislike there is a item shop in game, even if it only uses fake in game money.

I got one of the items just by playing.

Same. The items are so staggeringly expensive in terms of in-game currency that I think it’s just there for the pay-to-cheaters.

You can buy all the items by the end if you dig up enough ancient coins. You need to buy them if you’re a completionist. I will say I’m not a fan of the high-end military rifle compared to the basic AK. Fully upgraded it’s an incredibly finesse weapon that uses up a lot of ammo. The basic AK is much easier to shoot.

So - people are saying the DLC is worth it? Is it worth a $30 Season Pass purchase at this point, do you think?

That’s correct. Well, maybe it’s not, because I got zero credit for any of the dives. The platforms are pretty obvious, too, but I never got credit.

I also tried LT. She just folds her arms against her chest as she dives in feet first. And I got no credit for the dives done that way either for the challenge. So I figure it must be something else.

The timing on diving is very finicky. It took me forever to finish that achievement

The Baba Yaga trailer just reminded me of the awful druggie sequences in Far Cry 3 and 4, which made me not want to play it at all.

Interesting to hear that it’s not actually terrible.

$24 on GMG , I think I am gonna get it just for the Endurance mode, I can see my self playing that for quite a while once I finish the main game,

LT after jump, and it is a bit tricky, yes. But I got the diving achievement, and now I have no problem triggering the dive animation when jumping into water.
Still haven’t managed to dive into the well in Geothermal valley though. Any tips on that one?

Which one? To my knowledge, none of the items in the shop are given to you in regular play.
While similar items will be rewarded to you in game, at 96% I have yet to encounter any of the shop items in the base game (no DLC).

I think there are 3 levels/versions of the crafting tool, where you find 2 but have to buy the third. I have not experienced this yet, but I read it somewhere so this may not be completely accurate.

Which one? To my knowledge, none of the items in the shop are given to you in regular play.
While similar items will be rewarded to you in game, at 96% I have yet to encounter any of the shop items in the base game (no DLC).

The improvement tool (i forget what it’s called) is a must buy, as it opens up the high end enhancements to your weapons.
The rope ascender is quite nice when you’re replaying sections just to get all stuff. The laser sight helps sniping with the bolt action since there is no accurate sight on that one (although the headshot marker ability helps even better).

Yes, the high end enhancements requires you to buy the refinement tool from the guy.
(And sorry for the double post)

Ah ok, well then I will go back and get stuff from him once I get back around to that area.

I thought he sold the crafting tool, which I then got by playing. Maybe it was one of the other tools he was selling and I’m mistaken.

I had already beaten the game when I installed Baba Yaga, so I don’t know; it showed up for me right after I installed it. Unfortunately, I was only able to play about an hour before my schedule got so busy this week that I haven’t been able to play more, so I also don’t know about the length.