Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Me so horny for shooter

Tripwire is going back to the military shooter genre with Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

Anti-Matter Games I working on this. They handled much of Rising Storm’s development as well. Rising Storm was a big improvement over vanilla Red Orchestra 2. Hopefully, they can make this game more appealing to regular players outside of the RO community.

I still go back to Rising Storm every month or so. They captured a really interesting atmosphere with that one so I’ll definitely keep an eye on this. I wonder if the switch away from bolt action weapons will cause problems though.

Anybody remember Battlefield: Vietnam? Pretty soon after Battlefield:1942?

I am not sure I ever enjoyed any Battlefield game more than I did those originals.

Well everybody knows that the bird is the word mmm mmm mmm mow mow mmm mmm mow mow

It’s awfully brown looking. I thought we were past brown palettes for realistic military shooters.

Same shot but more realer:

Brown pixels cost 20% less than any other type.

Trailer showing some gameplay: https://youtu.be/1VKbpviTMAY

What do I get for five dollars?

Trailer should really show how it is, with you running across the map for 3 minutes and dying from a bullet to a gun shot by a guy you never saw. :p

Sure does look nice though. :)

Sorry. Too beaucoup.

Vietnam isn’t my fondest shooter theme, but I am craving some more Rising Storm action which is some of the best MP shooter gameplay in recent years (alongside Insurgency).

The trailer shows a very promising direction!

-Todd

Battlefield Vietnam was pretty great!

How do you do a vietnam shooter and not license any of the music from the era? Or at least, commission a soundalike from a starving LA band? Opportunity lost, man.

Battlefield: Vietnam did it right. The music, anyway.

Hell yeah! The music that is.

Vietcong was a pretty damn good game

The helicopters in the reveal trailer aren’t just for cinematics. The US side actually gets to fly choppers on some maps.

The VC side gets to move through tunnel networks and can shoot down the helicopters with cheap anti-air rockets.

I didn’t get to read it yet but PC Gamer published a long article on this.

Its coming out tomorrow!

I picked it up over at the humble store for the extra 10% off. I seem to play all Rising Storm / Red Orchestra games for 20-30 hours before something really pisses me off and I uninstall. :p

I hope for many moments epic like this:

I pre-ordered this months ago on when it hit Steam. Got to play a couple hours of the beta last weekend and it was really fun. Looking forward to digging into it for real this time.