RoboCop Returns with Blomkamp at the Helm

Why not just do it all CGI then? Hey Peter, here’s half a million dollars, can we borrow your face for a bit?

I don’t think CG is good enough for that yet. They’d still need to do a performance capture with a camera and dots on his face.

Performance capture is CGI. You could do it many different ways not involving Peter Weller at all. On Friday I was Eddy Redmayne.

I need my deep Robocop baritone that only Weller can provide.

There probably was a DC comic like this at some point.

Nope. Dark Horse had all those terrible movie property crossovers.

Ah, I got the two confused.

Were they really that terrible?

You’d still need Weller’s sign off right? He still owns his digital likeness, I presume. Did they have to get Carrie Fisher’s and, I don’t know, the estate of Peter Cushing to sign off on using their likeness in Rogue One?

Meh. They made Fury Road sans Gibson, so I feel good about them sequeling Robocop without Weller. I don’t think he’s exactly critical to the film.

Well yeah. That’s why he’s getting half a million. Nice paycheck for a signature. :)

I’d guess so. If you’re a producer/studio, you’d probably feel more comfortable making the negociated amount part of your budget than suffer the possibility of a lawsuit and bad press, after hefty CGI costs, tacked on after the fact.

Awe yeah!

I don’t see how Peter Weller could turn this down if he is approached. Hopefully he could get some RDJ style payout (albeit unlikely if they go for the hard R and the lower revenue that comes with that).

Please stop with these attempts to revive great 80s movies. Predator has already been beaten into a bloody mess with a rash of bad ones, and we already had one crap Robocop reboot.

Im still waiting for my Better off Dead reboot.

I’d buy that for $2

Yeah, 'bout that topic.

But hey District 9 was good…

That’s a shame. I would have liked to see what Blomkamp did with Robocop.