Rock Band - DLC Done Right

How do you know? Maybe these were songs that were finalized after the game went gold.

Not to mention, most of the Rock Band DLC is actually GOOD stuff which appeals to everyone. Not the newest crappy hit single from Velvet Revolver that GH3 is offering.

GH3 feels dirty to me now. I doubt I’ll ever touch it again.

Well no, let’s not get carried away. There’s nothing on that list that I would buy except maybe Metallica, if I could actually get a copy of the game. Fucking Wolfmother? I’d like to personally thank the producers of Rock Band for not including that on the retail disc.

It’s possible, it depends on their lead time. I think it’s more a perception issue than anything. With most DLC it’s not something they can pump out in a week, so if there are maps available for download on day 1 it means they were intentionally left off the retail version. We’ll have to see whether Rock Band can really keep up with their promised release schedule.

I’m downloading the Metallica DLC now. These guys are going to get so much money from me.

If anyone is interested in trying the Metallica out as a band in online Quickplay, drop me a PM and we’ll try to set this up for this afternoon or tonight. (I’m finishing up my RB coverage but have family staying w me for TDay so my sked is a little crazy).

This is what I was thinking. The game does have 45 licensed songs though, which is a fair amount.

GH3 provides a far better guitar experience than Rock Band.

I look at the Metallica pack and the first thing that came to mind, “Oh, I bet this is how Metallica is getting more money out of Harmonix.”

I doubt it is true, but maybe. /shrug

That being said, that pack is a day 1 download for me when I get home.

~C~

Nah, you’re looking at it wrong.

OK, so there IS something on the list you would buy.

If there’s nothing on that list of DLC that appeals to you…do you even like rock music?

So, I Dl’d Metallica and My Sharona, and now can’t buy Microsoft points. Getting an XBL network error.

Also, I’ve played a total of 4 songs and 3 of them aren’t showing up in the leaderboards, which is a problem I’ve noticed with GH3 as well. Is this common for all XBL games?

Also if there’s nothing on that DLC list that appeals to you, you can just not buy it and wait for something awesome to show up on the list. You’re not getting less game just because DLC exists now, you’re getting additional stuff. It’s possible any of these songs never would’ve been done if DLC didn’t exist.

There’s exceptions (like Beautiful Katamari) but I don’t think Rock Band is one of them. Rock Band ships as a ridiculously complete game with enough stuff to occupy me for months right out of the box.

That being said I’m probably going to buy the Queens of the Stone Age set and Roxanne. And maybe My Sharona.

I’d only buy Metallica because there’s nothing better, but I’ve never been a fan.

If there’s nothing on that list of DLC that appeals to you…do you even like rock music?

I would be more excited about Juke Box Hero if it wasn’t a cover. But here’s the list of bands I would buy without even thinking once, let alone twice:
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Dio
Bad Religion
Guns n’ Roses
Megadeth
Matchbox 20
Maroon 5

And bands that will never see the light of DLC, but would be so awesome if they did:
Screaming Jets
Four Horsemen
Dirty Looks
Savatage
XYZ
Gamma Ray

Hey, how’s the My Sharona cover sound?

Judas Priest
AC/DC
Dio
Bad Religion
Guns n’ Roses
Megadeth
Matchbox 20
Maroon 5

One of these things is not like the other!

They’re not traditional rock, but they would be soooooo fun to play. Assuming you like syncopation.

You’d buy Matchbox 20 DLC? Really? I’m falling asleep just thinking about it.

More like two of these things are not like the other

Yeah yeah, your favourite band sucks too. I also unashamedly listen to Evanescence, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance and Ace of Base.

I was giving him Matchbox 20 but Maroon 5? Omy.

I just find it interesting that classic 80s Metallica is a “meh” purchase to you but you list Megadeth as a “buy without thinking” band.