Rocket League

Really QT3 - There is no thread on this?

The game came out last night, and I got it for free through PSN Plus. Its out on Steam as well, and probably other places as well.

The game is kinda like soccer, in an enclosed stadium, with cars instead of players, and is awesome fun! Especially since it feautres split screen. I tried 2 player, but apparently you can play 2, 3 or 4 people split screen! More like that please.

Basically, the ball starts in the middle, each side has a goal, and its your job to move the giant ball into the opponents goal. And its fun! There is a ton of customization, and leagues, trainings, online and what have you.

Its well worth peoples time , and especially with friends!

It’s Wild Wheels for the modern age! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oStzsQYLhKU

Also: hurrah for split-screen!

Yea, this game deserves all the attention it can get. They were having server problems today, but those seem to be cleared up now and the multiplayer is glorious. I feel like this game does a great job of emulating soccer because the natural awkwardness of the cars plays into the satisfaction of properly lining up shots and making difficult saves. Of course, don’t take that to mean that the game controls poorly, because they control perfectly. Seriously, the game is a joy to play. It’s the best car combat since Twisted Metal on the PS3.

Yeah, I was having a friend over, who is a PC player, and only ever used a console controller once. He played for about 15 minutes and then used the PS4 controller like a pro - the controls, and especially the camera is REALLY good.

I ust popped on here to see if anyone had put up a topic, not surprised it’s you Raz.

It looks great and at £15 is a great price, I will grab this on pc this week I expect but there is so much good stuff around atm.

The videos look great though, lots of customisation and different cards, up to 4 player split screen as well.

Wait-- it’s on PC as well? I’m there. Cheers Reemul, thought it was PS4 exclusive.

Also, apparently:

Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-platform gameplay! For real! That means that owners of both the console version and the Steam version will be able to play against each other in the same matches. The fact that we are able to bring this to you is one of our proudest moments, so we hope you enjoy it!

If this is true then I’ll finally be able to play with my PS friends without having to fork out for another console.

Wow that is cool as well, well just broke down and bought it as well.

Add me if you get it for a multiplayer or too steam id is to the left :)

Never heard of this before. First post had me extremely excited, especially the idea of PS vs PC play. I’ve bought it and played a few training things so far.

Then I tried a game with CPU and gave up, as it’s utterly brain dead. (They just drive straight at the ball, even if it’s lined up directly with your own goal).

Then I tried to play online, except it couldn’t seem to match me with any of the 49159 people it can apparently match me with (all game modes, all regions). So instead of playing the game I’ve mostly been looking at the word “SEARCHING” change from blue to orange, whilst listening to something that sounds suspiciously like a eurotrance version of Maddon’s Frozen.

Eh? I get regularely stumped by the AI in 3 vs 3 games - you arent playing 1 vs 1 are you? Expand, and try a season!

Haven’t played online yet myself, so cant speak to that.

I just played a friendly game.

It looks like if the CPU is set to “rookie” then it’s braindead and just drives straight at the ball, including your own team.

“all-star” I just lost 5-3, and my team mates were doing proper saves and things.

pro-tip: the game still searches online whilst your play local. (and still didn’t find anything)

Well, you are a much, much better player than me. I just got beaten 4-1 in a game of 3 vs 3 , and the cpu were rookies. in my games, both opponents and my own are pretty good at the game. I guess we are at different levels then :-)

It just happened again!!! The retarded AI drove the ball into our own net (this time one medium level). This time I took a replay to PROVE IT! :P

Playing this with the computer is like playing real football with 5 year old children – they just run at the ball and figure out what to do once they’re there. There’s no attempt at positioning. e.g. they won’t “leave it” as I’m doing a rocket-drive down center field to strike the ball straight into the game, my own team gets their first and punts it directly left so I can’t do that :/

I’ve put the replay file here. I found the file in
C:\Documents and Settings\pod2\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Demos

and I guess you can drop it in your equivalent place and watch it? I would record a youtube video of it but that’s loads of effort.

ps, check out my amazing assist on the third red goal ;)

I’m not actually good – I just tried all-star to see if the CPU was just as shit and in that match my team mates did all of the work. :)

I’ll play a game then. I haven’t messed much with it, but the PS4 should be set up for youtube upload by itself.

Oh - the game has some sort of replay feature as well, but I havent tried it out.

The AI accurately simulates some of the teams you get when playing online.

Be sure to play through the tutorials, especially the advanced one, I know from the beta a lot of people didn’t appreciate you could sort of fly.

Well Pod - prepare to see my marvelously horrible defeat at the hands of the rookie AI…Its really sad you know! :-D

For the unaware, this is the sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars, and it is every bit as fun as the original so far. Played on PS4 so far, and watched me son for awhile too. Plan on picking it up for PC. Fantastic party game.

they have added more visual customization of cars through a collecting component. There is a new league mode (hence the name). Everything looks great.

The complaints about the AI are ridiculous, IMO, though just like the original, I wish there were another ai grade in between the first two. If you move up an ai level and it seems too tough, try increasing team size (or decrease by one if it is too easy).

id like to see a bit more variety in stadium configuration. In particular, it would be nice for Utopia to return from the first game.

Here’s a short highlights real from some of my games from one of the betas.

Did you edit that yourself, or is that some voodoo with the replay function of the game, Forgeforsaken?

That I edited in ShareFactory, the free video editing app on PS4. They didn’t have the replay editor in the beta, I haven’t messed with that feature yet in the full game.