Rocket League

Oh…the one time I tried to use Sharefactory, it prompted me that I needed a webcam for it to work? I had no idea it was a video editor as well.

Okay, that actually looked pretty bitching. Thanks for sharing the video :-D

I think you only need that if you want to add voice-over afterwards when editing? Not completely sure, but it works fine without.

Why? It’s all I can play with right now, and I’m tired for the AI chasing the ball into it’s own net because all it knows how to do is drive AT the ball, rather than position elsewhere. (On higher AI modes it’ll often take up a goalie position for a few seconds, and then off into out-field again)

ps: Razgon, nice save! You should try jumping more to get the ball. Look at how everyone in forgeforsaken’s video was basically jumping for the ball, rather than relying on nudging it about on the ground.

This game does strike me as more of an MP-focused deal with bots added to fill out teams. The SP campaign just seems like something they put in to for a bullet point. It doesn’t seem like the meat of the game.

I’m not dismissing your complaint Pod. It always bugs me when bot AI in MP games either have dumb-as-rocks behavior or godlike skillz with nothing really in-between.

I tried to find a MP game but it didn’t seem to find any even though 60.000 people are online. Widening up the search criteria didn’t work. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow.

So, I AM worse than you!! Anyways - .just wanted to show that the AI can easily trumph me in the arena, even on lowest settings.

Telefrog - Why do you say the game is more MP focused? There is a league you can play, and as I’ve shown, SOME people at least have trouble with the bots. There is a lot to like, single player and MP both.

As far as I can tell tell, people in regions other than Europe can play game. (Note: I’m playing on PC, not sure if PS4 people are affected).

They managed to beat me on low settings as well ;) (Infact, the more team members you have the more immune you can be to the higher level AI, as your AI is also higher, from what I can tell).

Telefrog - Why do you say the game is more MP focused?

I’m not Telefraog, but I’d say:

a) The first option in the menu is “play online”
b) It has local co-op split screen, even on PC!
c) The previous game in the series was entirely MP, I think (hence the single player stuff being new!)
d) The official twitter page and steam page uses the term multiplayer-focused :P

Oh yea, the game is absolutely made to be played online. Beyond the fact that it’s far more fun to score an amazing goal on humans than on bots, people are simply able to play this game in a much more interesting manner.

Last night while the servers were up I had a fantastic 3v3 match that went deep into overtime. We were tied up at 3-3 and overtime is sudden death, first goal scores. Both teams got really defensive and started playing really smart: keeping a couple people near the goalie position at all times, watching the ball from afar to line up safe shots, things like that. Neither of our teams were particularly great at the game, but everyone got some great saves as we jockeyed for position, trying to get that one shot that could end the game. After about 10 minutes of overtime, the enemy team caught my team out of position and managed to barely nudge the ball into the corner of our goal, but win or lose, it was some of the best multiplayer gaming I’ve had in months. When this game clicks and both teams are evenly matched, there is some serious fun to be had.

I’ve got the game on both PS4 and steam, so I’m up for pairing up with some of you if anyone wants to get a team going. I find myself playing more on the PC as the framerate is a stable 60, rather than PS4’s fluctuating framerate(a real bummer, perhaps the console version should cut down on the sexy-looking grass a bit), but I’m down to play on either platform.

On PS4 I’m Mageical
On Steam I’m Vincent19

As someone in a position to comment: How close are the PC and PS4 versions? Does the PS4 have the fov and camera sliders? (I pumped distance and FOV to max to be able to see more of the field – I feel like I’d be cheating if PS4 people couldn’t do the same… assuming I ever get to play them).

I’m surprised they didn’t use the graphics menu from the PC as well, so people can select ‘performance’ mode or whatever.

ps: On rookie AI you can always get to the kick off first, which means you can basically score every time. I got bored after about 40.

The PS4 has all the camera options of the PC game, which is really cool. Yea, as someone who has my FOV on the PC pumped up to 110 so I can see as much of the field as possible (it makes a big difference, try maxing the FOV if you haven’t), the PS4 would be at a big disadvantage if they couldn’t change their settings as well, so it’s awesome the Psyonix included such rare console option.

The real difference between the PC and PS4 for me is the smoothness. I’m playing on a 970 at 1440p on a G-sync monitor, so the PC version is silky smooth. This makes the unstable framerate on PS4 stand out much more for me. Going from a locked 60fps on a G-sync monitor to the slightly choppy PS4 version is a big difference. That said, the PS4 version certainly isn’t bad, people who aren’t overly sensitive to framerate fluctuations shouldn’t have any issues with it. Still, it would have been really cool had they included an option to turn off the grass on console for people who value frames over visuals.

Not seeing any slowdowns or framerate issues on the PS4 myself - at all. Do you download things at the same time, or run spotify or some such?

Played this for a while tonight, made level 5. Damn it’s good the controls and movement are spot on. Hitting the ball is much harder than it looks and scoring som acrobatic goals is great.

The game just feels right…difficult to describe but the controls, the graphics and the motion are excellent, the throttle and break are done really well and feel very responsive.

Haven’t noticed frame issues on ps4 here either.

What he said. I’m quite fond of this game. I really want to play it online, but the matchmaking service last night seemed broken - did anyone else experience this? The AI can be quite dumb and it’s much too easy to get a goal right at kickoff (or whatever you football/soccer people call it) by just turboing to the ball before anyone else.

It seems online is not working well at all.

Move teh level up a bit and scoring from kick off stops, also playing 4v4 seems to make teh game harder and a lot more fun

Its driving me crazy you write “teh” ;-)

We should totally have a game one day, Reemul! You got it on Steam, right?

Yeah, teh is a typing anomaly of mine, i spend more time re typing and editing work with his error in it drives me nuts as well

This game came out of nowhere for me and at the perfect time. I’ve been looking for a multiplayer game to really get into and become good at. I couldn’t pick any of the current games as they just didn’t feel skill-based enough. Games like league of legends and stuff are just not my cup of tea, and I don’t like FPS games either, because you don’t really maneuver, you just aim a gun and shoot. Heh.

I’ve been having an absolute blast with this game.

The most awesome moment for me was when I realized I hadn’t been air boosting and flying at all so I tried it out as an experiment in some matches, and to my surprise I was actually able to control it. Although I’m not as good as some of the pros I’ve seen on youtube, it’s a ton of fun to fly towards the ball and hit it mid-air.

It seems the server issues have been more or less fixed, or at least they were late last night. I was able to get a match every time, whereas before that I had to keep searching. Pro tip: don’t let the search just sit there, try searching again if it doesnt work.

Here’s a youtube video of what I heard was the best player from the previous game. It’s crazy how good this guy is and how sick his goals are :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVmqssa5v4

I’m really having fun with Rocket League. Managed to finally get into a bunch of online matches last night and it’s really addictive. Each game is the perfect length, the controls are incredibly responsive and it’s easy to feel very cool when you first start while leaving a lot of room to learn how to play better.