Rocket League

It’s the future according to Back to the Future II, so why not?

$1.99

Wait…is it out!?!

It is! Rocket League® - Back to the Future™ Car Pack on Steam

I bought that so hard that my mouse likely needs replacing.

This is actually a pretty cool little skin: http://gfycat.com/DentalCelebratedHomalocephale

Very nice!

Still playing this game regularly. They finally added some East Asia servers, and I’ve finally been able to start playing with real people. Unfortunately, after the last few updates, I’ve been getting serious lag, and I think I’m not the only one. You should be rubberbanding in any game with a ping less than 100!

Also, totally bought that skin.

Yah, I’ve noticed the lag as well on the West Coast. If I recall correctly, it can usually be traced to the user hosting the match. I think RL just uses their servers as matchmakers. It’s the user device which hosts (be that PS4 / PC).

I’ve always thought they has servers. In game you can see a server name (something like eu143) and no one player has an especially small ping on the leaderboard.

But at other times I’ve often thought ‘the game/network is running well… Am I hosting?’

Rocket League is getting UT-style mutators in a free update.

Want to play low-gravity “Moonball” with extra boost? It’s possible! Want to relive classic Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars game modes like “Cubic” and “Time Warp?” You can!

Whatever your preference, you’ll be able to find your favorite gameplay combinations in just a few short weeks from now when Mutators invade Rocket League! Once they arrive, you’ll be able to create new Custom Matches with the rules and settings made especially from your tastes, while our sweet “Mutator Mashup” playlist allows you to enjoy pre-determined weirdo matches in public games like you’ve never seen them before.

Sounds like it has the potential to really split the community and make getting into matches more complicated, which goes against what I personally love about the game.

Hopefully they are conscious enough not to shoot themselves in the foot and cause their own multiplayer death spiral. I already don’t play ranked solo standard games as it seems to take longer than I care to to get into a match.

These modes will never get played. Custom matches and separate playlists are death on multiplayer modes in games with XP.

QFT. Look at any moba game released with extra modes. Then look at the percentage of players who play them. Its a ghost town.

Chaos Run DLC. The free bit is the first Rocket League stadium with a sloped floor.

I’ve bought 3 PS4’s…one when they first came out, one about 1 year after and now again 2 weeks ago. It’s finally got enough good games to make me very happy.
Finally bought Rocket League today. My 10 year old and I played a few matches and had a blast. He went to bed and I played a season on Pro level and just missed winning the championship game after a 9 game season. So much fun…still getting used to it, still jump too early or late for that bouncing ball, just a real fun game…this will be a regular staple with my son on our Friday gaming nights.

Free Portal DLC on Dec 1st.

Just bought this today- no idea how to start getting even decent at it.

Any competitive genre will have its preferred mode, with others being a ghost town.

This is coming to Xbox One in February. Here’s an actionless teaser trailer that will tell you this if you can stay awake long enough to see it.

$20 with 3 free DLC packs.

Wonder if the Xbox will be walled off to just Xbox Live or will MS let players join the pool with PC and PS4 players.

There’s literally no way of this happening.

Some friends and I played some 3v3 and 4v4 mutator games the other day and it wasn’t a ghost town. Moonball (big ball, low gravity, regenerating boost) was a lot of fun. Pinball (small and fast ball, high bounce) was super difficult. Cube ball was perhaps my favourite as you really had to fight to gain ground and seriously welly the bal-- I mean cube, to make it move. It felt a lot more deliberate. The new arena was pretty nifty too. I’m hoping they go a bit wild with some of the maps in future.

Season 2 patch: Steam :: Rocket League :: Rocket League Patch Notes v1.11

Here’s the really interesting part:

New “Uncommon” Item Drops will now be found uncommonly after online matches. This “Uncommon” item quality features all-new Hats and Antennas for you to discover and equip!

Unlike previous seasonal rare drops, these new items don’t have a fixed drop chance after each match. Your chances to find an item after a game will increase for every minute you play until you find something, and then your chance will reset.

Uncommon unlocks are only only awarded after a complete game in online playlists (They are not available for unlock offline modes or in Private matches)
Multiple copies of the same “Uncommon” item can be collected, illustrated with a count number in the Garage UI

There is a maximum of ten hours of playtime per week that can earn items, so don’t bother trying to idle your way to a full inventory!

How long until Rocket League on PC starts using the Steam Marketplace and Workshop?