Rocksmith

Does that include the on-disc RS songs? Or just the DLC?

All of the RS1 songs (apparently there’s an exception or two). Supposedly the DLC will work for free (although not working on Steam yet).

Awesome, thanks. I am sure the exceptions will be my favourite songs (just like what happened in Rock Band) but overall that’s great. Might have to give it another try.

As a matter of interest, is anyone playing this using the Rock Band 3 guitar (the real one)?

The exceptions are three of the bonus songs from the original (Jules, Boss and Star Spangled Banner) and the two Clapton tracks (Run Back to Your Side and Sunshine of Your Love).

So only 5 songs missing, though losing the Clapton hurts. I liked Jules too.

Yep as I thought, my favourite song from the game (and one of my all-time favs) Sunshine of Your Love. Sigh.

This USGamer review by a non musician and a musician who didn’t know the guitar gives a pretty good perspective on the game: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/does-rocksmith-2014-really-work-review

Sounds really good to me.

Wendelius

This also works with a Bass guitar right? Think im gonna see if i can find one of those cables for sale around here.

I’m really tempted by this. I have an acoustic guitar with an electric output. Anyone tried it with an acoustic? I imagine having the guitar play in RL and through the TV at the same time may be a problem.

yes45

I am getting terrible fps stuttering hope they patch this soon.

Running ok for me so far. Also includes a Mac version this time. And can also import your old tracks for $10. That only works per platform though (can’t cross steam, ps3, xbox purchases).

Do wish they had changed to a more guitar tab style of notation, but I guess I can understand the more game like view for folks who haven’t played guitar.

Seems in general like a nicely tuned / updated version of the original without some of the problems produced by the original game style progression. This version is more focused as a learning tool and better for it IMO. The chord memorization games are tons of fun too assuming you enjoy their retro arcade style.

Diego

This can be caused by audio settings. Make sure your RealTone cable and Speaker output match in sample rate (48k each). If they are different, it messes with the game a lot.

I removed my Asus XONAR card from the equation and am using onboard RealTek audio -working tons better for me (was getting weird slow-down distortion of sound).

Yeah, I think I’m going to call it a night.

I’m loving this “game”. I’ve somehow managed to already put in 18 hours since Tuesday, though I did leave in the background for about 2 of those hours. They really improved on the original game in nearly every way imaginable.

Ha. If you are a new guitarist, you might be pressing too hard on the frets. I developed calluses on my fingers slowly over time while playing, so I’ve never really torn them up like that.

Haha, yeah I’m not new. I’ve been playing for around 20 years or so, but mostly rock/metal powerchord type stuff. It’s all the string bending I’ve been doing! That’s just the top layer of my callouses that are peeling off, it looks a lot worse then it really is. Also, I don’t normally play 4-6 hours a day either ;)

edit: And that is why I enjoy Rocksmith so much. It “forces me”, so to speak, to play things I wouldn’t normally play if I’m just practicing or noodling on my own. It gets me out of my comfort zone, and for doing that, it really has made me a much better guitarist.

Best way to toughen up those fingers is to buy a bass and then grind those strings for a while :)

I don’t think i ever hurt my fingers that much on my bass, but im just plucking!

Damn, the score mode is crazy strict.

Me: Yeah, nailed the solo!
RS score mode judge: No, you actually missed 5 notes - FAIL!
Me: fuuuuck

The game seems REALLY accurate at note tracking this time around. I was doing a sliding exercise, sliding some barre chords around. It kept making me redo it - turns out I wasn’t hitting the first string quite well enough for good resonance and it was catching it.

Also, the lessons are really good this time around - a lot better for anyone learning.

Seems like there’s a much better guitar teacher in this version than the last. That part is great. However, I’m terribly distracted by the input lag on my PC. I’ve tried all of the tricks I can think of, both on my PC (set the default audio output to stereo instead of 5.1, etc.) and in game settings (set latency to 2), as well as my audio receiver (pure direct - no audio enhancements), and I’ve definitely improved the situation, but the fact that there’s even a small amount of delay really throws my timing off. It’s enough to keep me away from this otherwise fine learning tool.

Sounds like most folks here aren’t experiencing lag or aren’t as sensitive to it as I am. Any tips or tricks to get my lag down further?

FYI, my audio (and video) configuration is: HDMI out of my NVIDIA graphics card into a Yamaha receiver.