Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: when Justice Leagues -- and Rocksteady brawlers? -- go bad

If this were based on The Boys, and that were Homelander instead of Supes, I’d be a lot more interested.

I don’t think the movie and game are related at all.

Movie doesn’t have Deadshot, for example.

Evil Homelander? No way.

Funny how this feels like “Injustice 2: the Rocksteady sequel to the bad ending”.

Not that I’m complaining. I really enjoyed Injustice 2.

There was a large demand to give Harley Quinn her own cash-making franchise, the rest of the Squad got dragged along.

I thought that looked pretty good. I mean, as far as cutscenes go. I don’t know much of anything about the Suicide Squad but that doesn’t bother me much. I really like giant shark-headed guy, but I couldn’t help but wonder why he has gills? He’s clearly breathing air. Is he in fact some kind of amphibian? Super heroes are getting way too complicated.

I do believe King Shark can breathe underwater.

I don’t think it’s CG. Just in-engine with offline renderer.

I was just going by what Keighley said.

If it’s in engine they usually plaster that somwehere on the screen. This game is also still two years out.

The official trailer is labelled “Alpha Target” ;)

It is, but “alpha target” is what the Squad’s comms person calls Superman rather than a graphical objective.

Yeah, it’s also what made me think ‘maybe I’m wrong’. Usually they would plaster it all over the place.

I have to admit, I’m a lot more interested in this now that there’s been a good Suicide Squad movie.

Deborah Wilson is a great Waller!

It seems like the safest bet is to assume most AAA games are going to slip into next year.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1488930672987324423

Warner Media has quietly delayed a video game based on the Suicide Squad comic books until 2023, according to people familiar with its development.

Several other big video game projects from Warner Bros. have also been pushed back. Titles based on Harry Potter, Batman and a LEGO version of Star Wars were all planned for 2021 but slipped into this year due to production problems caused by the pandemic and other development challenges. Warner Bros. had originally said that the Suicide Squad game, which features a crew of comic book antiheroes battling against brainwashed superheroes like Superman, would also be out in 2022.

Jason was right again.

Co founders of Rocksteady leaving the company.

This trailer hit me in the feels, as the kids say -