Rogue Squadron -Patty Jenkins moves from 1984 to my dreams in 1996

Not much known other than 2023 release date, and directed by Patty Jenkins

Ok you have my attention.

And mine!

It’s apparently future era, so, it’s got more of my interest than otherwise.

Which era is future era? Post Episode IX?

I assume so, there are news that say it’s post IX, so, it should be new stuff.

All I know is that my years of reading dozens of X-Wing books will finally pay off.

Ewok fighter pilot may finally come true!

Not confirmed I don’t think. Speculation that it might be, but nothing solid so far as I can tell. It might be concurrent with The Mandalorian or the new movies too. But immediately post Endor it is not.

I love that teaser format. Hope the movie is awesome!

You’d think the Rebel Alliance would’ve figured out how to make quick-release rollerblades by now.

More info here -

And first casting news -

This didn’t really have my attention until I saw Adria Arjona’s name attached. She was a big reason why I kept watching Good Omens to the end.

Edit - use the original thread for discussion please! This is a duplicate.

Amusingly, the title of the video and title card are both spoilers for the video itself, which loses some of its impact when you know what it’s advertising.

Was my thread not good enough? :(

Oh nos! Let me try to delete this.

I hope you understand my tone was joking though. S’all good. And new links too!

Totally! But no reason to have duplicate threads.

It would annoy Wumpus?

Just as long as you copy those links to the other thread before deleting!

Not surprising.

Jenkins and writer Matthew Robinson have been developing Squadron for Lucasfilm for over a year, with the goal of starting production in 2022. It was to have gone into preproduction by the end of this year.

However, sources say the producers and filmmaking team came to the realization that Jenkins’ schedule and other commitments wouldn’t allow for the window needed to make the movie in 2022.

That sure sounds like a polite cover for “this wasn’t working out and will never see the light of day”. The deal was announced a year ago, which means Disney and Jenkins were talking about it earlier than that. It’s hard to buy the idea that oops, her schedule’s full, sorry Disney!

I’m guessing someone—Disney, Jenkins, or both, I don’t actually have any hunch on who—wasn’t happy with the direction of the project and no one could agree on how to move forward.

Presumably Ron Howard is waiting by his phone…