Rom Coms worth a watch

Yes, I enjoyed Music and Lyrics, Notting Hill and Four Weddings and a Funeral. Two weeks Notice is still my favorite out of those four, but yes, Hugh Grant is really good in those roles.

I watched this one has surprised how much i enjoyed it, took some rom com clichés and spun them on their head and generally good and smart rom com. Not in the same league as All Relative, but very good. Good watch.

About Time is good because it is a RomCom with time travel, and also features Bill Nighy at his Bill Nighy-est.

I really have to watch this one again, it really was amazing

Whew, because I really liked Crazy Stupid Love too, and couldn’t think of it as anything but a romcom. There’s romance, there’s comedy, whaddya need, a map? :) That movie also has one of my all time favorite Twists In A Movie That Didn’t Need It But Was A Welcome Surprise, along with Spider-Man: Homecoming (which I wouldn’t classify as a romcom but wouldn’t stop anyone who wanted to).

Definitely Maybe is considerably better than the average romcom, and it has Rachel Weisz, isla Fisher, and Elizabeth Banks.

I was going to nominate it if you didn’t, motion passed!

Oh my god, that script is a master class in building up to an outrageous collision of characters and plot threads. Chaos erupts most spectacularly.

Happy Accidents and The One I Love.

I like my rom coms with a little Sci-Fi pizzazz.

I didnt even know that was a THING!!! Added to watchlist! Thanks!

Man Up starring Lake Bell and Simon Pegg is another winner.

(I don’t like how that synopsis is written… she’s the main character.)

Yeah, I recall enjoying that one too!

Safety Not Guaranteed starring Mark ‘Creep’ Duplass is great.

The Sure Thing
The Sure Thing: Directed by Rob Reiner. With John Cusack, Daphne Zuniga, Anthony Edwards, Boyd Gaines. Walter Gibson is a university freshman going through a dry spell. His old buddy arranges a "sure thing" for him in California. Gibson and his...

The series from 2017? We liked it, though not our favorite.

Other K-Drama favorites:
Rookie Historian (our favorite of the Joseon historicals we’ve watched)
Romance is a Bonus Book
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

How can there be this many posts in this thread, and no one has mentioned The Proposal?

No, the 2001 original movie! I tried to watch the TV series but I couldn’t. I just watched the movie again last night after posting, yep, still funny.

The Lobster counts as a rom com right?

I also like my rom coms set in dystopian futures.

No I meant when you said the remake was bad, were you referencing the series, which we liked.

The hollywood remake is with Elisha Cuthbert (2008) is the bad one. It went straight to video

Ah, thank you!

Yeah, Mark ‘Creep’ Duplass is like the guy that keeps showing up in rom coms. See also:

Your Sister’s Sister
Blue Jay

Although I guess these are more heavy dramas. Oops!