Rome Total War 2 looking likely!

You’re welcome! I try to be the bigger person and bow out of flamewars before they get too long, especially with certain people.

No, I haven’t played the original yet. But when it comes to stability, the number of hours you played without a crash in Rome is irrelevant of course. They’re a couple generations of engine removed from that game. I had, oh, say, 2-3 crashes over 50 hours in Napoleon. If these battles are really a lot bigger, it’s going to suck to lose that progress.

Maybe stability was improved in Shogun 2. I’m still positive on this game. Those were just my initial reactions to the more interesting bullet points.

Disappointing. I really like Medieval II, but the city battles are so bad and un-fun I tend to just auto-resolve them. The issue with that, of course, is that I end up nerfing my chances to win the game because the auto-resolve is usually so far removed from what I could manage directly.

This has always been the big weak point of the Total War series for me. I know that most people are more intelligent and see all kinds of problems with the underlying strategic AI.

They better bring this song back for the sequel.

oh - I guess I totally didn’t understand your original post. I was under the impression you were commenting on Total war: Rome which is pretty much none of the things you list.
Of course, that hardly matters since there’s so many changes to the gameplay in the new one it seems.

That said, I cannot recommend Rome: total war enough these days…Its still one of the finest strategy games out there.

Medieval 2 had the most insanely fun castle battles…at night…as did Rome actually now that I think about it - love to pour death upon my enemies from the city walls with my archers.

That makes sense now. Sorry for the confusion. I figured Creative Assembly would be making R2 as an evolution of Empire and Napoleon and Shogun 2. But maybe they’ll throw some things out and go back to the Rome design for them?

I sure hope they use the cavalry design of Rome and not Medieval 2/Shogun 2…

Not sure what the difference is, but Rome 2 was a surefire next step for them to me, ACW was not an option since Fall of Samurai kinda takes care of that timezone.

However, I must admit they could have done something new, a fantasy version or something…I guess its just more surefire this way.

Man, I saw this this morning and it immediately improved my mood from having to deal with the leap second crap this weekend. Can’t. Wait. Rome was my favorite era (with Medieval 2 running a close second, only because I’m not super fond of the firearms era), but after a while I just didn’t want to deal with the insane inefficiency that happens as you get later in the game (which was toned down in M2 forward). SO EXCITED.

Yeah, dude, that guy needs to get his specs right and enjoy the greatest strat/tact experience of all time. Of all time! I bet he never even played a strat/tact game. What a troll noob fag girl raped noob newb troll noob fag who never even played a TW game ever in his life! Imma post a gif of that weird potato faced dude now, dude. animatedeyeroll.gif

-Tom

What’s the difference?

The strat map? Because I suppose it will be like the last TW games.

There is a huge difference in design philosophy in whether you start in Rome:Total war or you start in Shogun 2: Total war and move forward from there.

Well, reading the previews I don’t see anything that makes me thing them turning back to R:TW. Surely it will continue their path of Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, except with the scope and theme of Rome:TW.

James even admitted he didn’t play Rome. Also I didn’t call him a ‘troll noob fag girl raped noob newb troll noob fag’. I called him a person/ poster with trollish thoughts. That’s not the same.

but it is. now to see if R2 is. Been playin some napoleon this weekend. It held up well (after i got it to play nice with my überPC by turning down particlesystems one notch down from ultra). why are these games so freakin huge? no way i’m ever gonna get to play all of this, shogun 2 and both its expansions to their conclusions before r2 is released :(

Keep fucking that chicken!

-Tom

Really??

Yes the TW diplomacy (at ledt up to M2) was lacking at best. I used to love the way they demanded you become a client state when you were half way through crushing thm. Even Civ 3’s AI knew when to beg for mercy. Still I enjoyed the original Rome and still play it fom time to time, despite its faults, so I’m hopeful.

It takes a tough man to make a tender forecast, Razgon.

-Tom