Roseanne - The Return

Just caught up on this thread… I’m confused. Why would she be a trump supporter? Didn’t he insult her during his campaign?

He didn’t go into this blindly. He knew what she was. But yeah, I still feel bad for him and the rest of the cast and crew.

No, he hates Rosie O’Donnell. Different Rosie.

Edit: Mc --> O’

Well her political conversions as well have been quite swift from time to time…

Shrug, I don’t follow celebrity politics too closely. Roseanne is mostly notable due to her embracing truly batshit conspiracy theories like pizzagate and QAnon.

O’Donnell.

I was more speaking to the “erratic” factor. If you are crazily doxing Zimmerman one year and crazily touting Pizzagate two years later…I think you might be crazy.

Yeah, he had a front row seat on the Tom Arnold crazy train years…the real high tempo era of Barr-nutjobbery.

It’s ironic that a few weeks ago the media was falling all over themselves to anoint Rosanne Barr and her show as being representative of “Trump’s America”, as if we had all somehow misunderstood the people like those Barr portrayed on her show, and this was going to finally get us to understand “economically anxious America”. Well, congrats, we understand it just fine now. Just like Rosanne, it’s clueless, racist and vulgar.

Thanks for confirming everything we already knew about Trump’s America Ms. Barr!

As someone who proudly identifies as a Great Ape and is honored to share genetic proximity with the noble gorilla, the pensive orangutan, and the sexy bonobo, I would just like to say that I dream of a day when calling people apes may be construed not as an ethnic slur but as a statement of taxonomic fact. Perhaps in some distant future, centuries hence…

Well yes, it’s tempting to point at economic anxiety, but actually the economy is and was doing quite well. A lot of it is simply racism. That doesn’t speak to everybody, but it certainly does for Roseanne.

giphy%20(3)

Why wouldn’t there be economic anxiety? The economy may be doing well but a lot of people are falling behind. And in these times there’s no job security.

I do think it’s racism, but I think it’s racism that owes its origins to the fear of being displaced, to the fear of jobs that pay well disappearing.

Some people fall behind, and economic inequality is a major driver of that. But overall-- yeah, it’s racism.

Racism has always been about the fear of being displaced, whether they’re taking your jobs or your daughters.

I guess you haven’t been paying attention. “It’s economic anxiety” has been the farce to hide what is actually driving most Trump-ism: racism.

How is that different from what I just said?

Just that there’s no reason to explain it or caveat it. We all know what people mean when they use the term.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)