RPG.net bans Trump support

They went all in.

We are banning support of Donald Trump or his administration on the RPGnet forums. This is because his public comments, policies, and the makeup of his administration are so wholly incompatible with our values that formal political neutrality is not tenable. We can be welcoming to (for example) persons of every ethnicity who want to talk about games, or we can allow support for open white supremacy. Not both. Below will be an outline of the policy and a very incomplete set of citations.

I think I love that.

This is awesome in two ways:

1. Great move for the forum in general, and something more should explore
  2. Going to make clearing out my RPG-focused social lists of the worst sorts of BUT MUH FREE SPEECH Nazi-enablers today (though the recent “whoops looks like the new devs of Vampire: The Masquerade sure do love dogwhistling neo-Nazis” fiasco helped a lot with that already)

I’m not super familar with rpg.net, just wondering if they have any kind of reputation politically. Like, whether this is out of the blue or something more in character.

They did a pretty job citing sources, and their policies re: witch hunts and weaponizing the policy seem fair. Seems like they did as good a job as possible staving off good-faith disagreement.

It’s in-character for their moderation and for the progressive leanings of the community.

Thank God the Codex is still untarnished!

Good on them. In my opinion, we’re past the point of “both sides” and finding the middle ground. Tolerance is well and good, but where’s the virtue in being tolerant of racists, fascists, or bigots of any other stripe? Where is the “middle ground” with them? Why would I want to be there?

Sites like RPG.net and Quarter to Three are communities. I don’t want my community to be tolerant of bigotry. People need to realize that we’re not debating tax policy or the merits of free markets anymore.

Makes sense and is a very reasonable policy these days. They’re not targeting Republicans or actual conservatives, just support for this particular shithead horrific President & everything that entails.

I wonder if any other forums will follow suit…

pin drop

Maybe we could create a poll.

How can I Like this post???

THAT IS AWESOME

Could you imagine if codex did that too? I mean they’re the opposite sadly, but wow would that be incredible.

It’s actually very easy to imagine the Codex banning all non-Trump supporting posts.

There would be like, five people left. And no mods.