RPGs on the Cheap - Torment, Fallout 1,2

I was at Fry’s the other day and noticed them selling the Fallout 1 & 2 jewel case double-pack for $4.99. Then I noticed Planescape: Torment packed with some other game I hadn’t heard of called Soulbringer for $4.99.

If you’ve never played either it’s a pretty cheap way to pick up some great RPGs.

If you want them, I’d get 'em quick – somehow I don’t think Interplay will be making any more of these.

• Alan

I’ve been seeing that Fallout pack in stores like Target for years, usually between $5-7. I can’t believe this is still just leftover stock, but how do they make money on a $5 game?

I’ve been looking for the Torment double pack. Thanks for the tip. I’ll be heading to Fry’s tomorrow.

Well, there’s no manual and no box, they don’t have to pay for marketting or development, so their overhead is just the cost of pressing CDs and shipping them to stores.

Heck, you can get Rollercoaster Tycoon in a box of Cheerios. It’s a $5 game (and one of the best games of all time at that) and you get a free box of cereal!