Russian Games that might rock more than OFP?!?

There’s more ambition and the ‘OFP’ influence meets crpg meets shooter elements with these games than any I’ve seen.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. supposedly will take a freeform action shooter approach on an island roughly 1.5x bigger than the average OFP island AND it will have sci fi elements and rpg story elements and a freeform approach to a shooter… sorta sounds like Half Life meets Chernobyl on an OFP island with better graphics!!!

http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5449

Then there’s this Xenus game from the guys who made Codename Outbreak (which showed promise with an engine imo better than DFLW, and looked better with nice indoor / outdoor areas - based on demo- ) this game sounds like a contemporary shooter openended version Jagged Alliance DG with skill based rpg advancement, random mission generations, and get this … in an area the size of over 600 square kilometers! HUGE ASS AREA! The graphics for this one look great too! Oh yeah and vehciles with the likes from OFP… tanks, copters, jeeps… and multiplayer with rpg aspect… talk about wildly ambitious!!!

http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5461

I hope they succeed in there visions!

etc

Xenus looks like a cross between Morrowind and OPF more than anything else and setting it in Columbia is an interesting choice. This has quickly jumped pretty high in my ‘anticipated’ list but we’ll see if it really happens. Thanks for the info! I should note that the interview doesn’t actually mention randomized missions or a truly dynamic campaign which is why it prompted an association with Morrowind. It would be pretty amazing if it really did sport those features as that’s my main issue with Bethesda’s opus.

Xenus looks like a cross between Morrowind and OPF more than anything else and setting it in Columbia is an interesting choice.

Whoa. I can see the box copy now:

Join the Columbian Army and choose between the 8th Brigade and the paramilitary guilds! Report to US advisors for training! Defend the pipeline from wandering leftists!

-Tom

Alexander Khrutsky: Hello. My name is Alexander Khrutsky. I’m project scenarist and dialog writer.

That’s our problem here in the US. We have “killologists”, but not a single “project scenarist” in sight.

You mean “Colombia”, right?