S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Where’d this come from?? Is this on anyone’s radar? The first I heard of it was in a thread on Blue’s News today.
You must have been living under a rock or something. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has received some nice attention in the past months, and whenever the official site features some new screenshots you can be sure that 90% of the major sites out there are going to mention it. Maybe you simply didn’t perceive it, but this game was and is being covered quite frequently. I’d recommend checking out the movie section if you haven’t done that yet.

If you go to IGN they also have quite a few shaky-cam movies as well from the GDC (sorry, I’m too lazy to look for the URL…just do a search and you’ll find them)

Just to give creedence to the rising popularity of STALKER, the game is a sort of unofficial poster boy for Nvidias FX line for this year. They brought a couple of the main guys all the way from Russia so they could be at Nvidias booth during the recent GDC showing off the game.

No problem, but I posted that back in December, before it got shown off on Nvidia hardware, before GDC, and when it only had a couple screenshots/movie released - this is a resurrected thread.

I prefer resurrecting threads to the standard “I’m going to blindly create another thread without first doing a rudimentary search to see if this topic has already been covered” approach. Because, you know, you’re the first guy to ever think of that. No, really.

Look out everybody.
Here comes the thread police!

:roll:

What does Vietcong have to do with STALKER?

It’s the other thread wumpus policed.

“Bawn on da bayou,
bawn on da BYYYYYOU!”

Gamespy’s E3 preview:

Two versions of the game will be released when it goes out into the stores, one for low-resolutions and one for high. After seeing actual gameplay of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you will definitely want to have the computing power handy for the high-res version. You can count the ridges of skin featured in your character’s hand, the pustules on a mutant and the frayed threads on another S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s winter coat. Mutants hiding in shadows will be invisible until you see their wide, psychotic eyes in the glare of your flashlight.

Um, what? Has anyone else heard this?

oooo… bad stuff

Yeah, its called clever use of shaders :D

I took it from the article that they meant the game would ship with two graphical options (versions)… I could be wrong. It would be REALLY stupid to have STALKER Good Version… and STALKER Shitty Version on the shelves… how would they do this? I guess they mistook the Russians speaking… everytime I read East Europeans (or any non english foreign developers) hyping there games there are more grammar errors than me!

etc