Sacha Baron Cohen Back To What He Does Best

In case you haven’t been following the news.

I’m giddy as a schoolgirl

It is glorious! Jebus you must be a really morally dead mouthpiece devoid of your own thoughts to repeat shit like this in front of a camera. I am so sad I wont be able to see it here in germany when it comes out :-(

Oh. My. God. That’s amazing.

I just watched the first episode. That’s the least of it.

God damn those people. Especially that traitor Dana Russiabacker.

I liked it the first time I saw it, when it was Ali G, or Chris Morris and his show “Brass Eye”, but that was, like, a generation ago and apparently we didn’t learn anything then.

This is scary:

To give Walsh credit, he was on CNN the other day, and was a good sport about it (unlike Tom’s girlfriend). He said he’ll probably be laughing at himself.

“Oh hah hah! He sure got me! I’d never so blatantly say what I really feel if I knew it would be broadcast later!”

Yeah, what a “good sport”

Cohen didn’t “get” Walsh. He willingly and enthusiastically espoused horrible shit in front of a camera because he thought the recipient would think positively about it. He has no principles and no spine and did it for money. That just showed his true face.

That preview is scary…

Man that whole segment had me face palming.

I watched it and it was so over the top that I thought those people were in on it

holy hell if that ain’t the case

On the one hand, I’m generally of the opinion that a person on a camera is never the same thing as the real person. People heighten their reactions for drama, or they go along with the crew in a Milgram-esque deference to authority.

On the other hand…im not really willing to give the same leeway to politicians, who really should be used to being in the public eye and understand that the things they say and believe matter.

I guess “politicians acting like reality TV stars” is pretty much the tone of the times though.

These people were avid, no - ravenous supporters. They are evil and it just so happens we saw it. Bought and paid for by the NRA.

I both can’t wait to see this but am also dreading it with every fiber of my being.

The first episode is mostly uninteresting, embarrassing and awkward. The sections with Bernie, the GOP family and the art director were filler. They reminded me that I really don’t like SBC.

But then they got to the gun bits. Holy shit. Reality has surpassed the bounds of believable satire. If you haven’t seen this, just fast forward through everything between Bernie and the gun lobbyists.

I totally agree with your take. The segments with the GOP family and art woman were just punching down. It’s not hard to troll someone. Just pick an outrageous point of view and present it to someone you know will disagree with it.

But the gun section was amazing. By all means hoist politicians by their own petard.

I thought the Artist and Bernie sanders trolling was ok, I thought the sit down dinner was dumb because it was mostly SBC talking and not much back and forth (which is more of the point).

The gun thing took the cake and is really what I tuned in for though, and hoping there’s more like that is the main reason I"ll keep watching.

My reaction to the GOP family and art dealer was “why them”? The art dealer segment in particular seemed pointless.