Sad news about TotalBiscuit

Unfortunately, the clinical trials are not an option anymore:

Cancer does indeed suck.

It annoyed me that he wouldn’t take donations, but then I remembered a memorial fund can be set up later for his family.

Colorectal cancer can fuck right off.

One of my friends (and college LAN party buddies) was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer earler this year.

32…

This is insane.

He is a multimillionaire, right?

I’m not trying to be insensitive, instead saying that his family will already probably be better taken care of than most in this situation. So at least there is that.

Truth.
But he could not have a better wife than Genna. She has always maintained such a positive attitude for him, and that has to have helped. I honestly don’t know where he’d be right now if she wasn’t around.

My girlfriend is a lot like her, and while her incessant positivity toward me during my many dark times has no doubt been helpful, I’m afraid I’ve been treating her as if it’s been annoying. I really need to appreciate her more, and work on treating her better.

Oh ok good. I forgot how big he got.

Yeah, but if his insurance dries up, his medical bills could easily eat whatever they’ve managed to save. I don’t know much about these things though. Don’t most insurance plans have upper limits?

Multimillionaire? I honestly don’t know. I do know he was making a lot of money for several years, but don’t know if it ever crossed into that realm. I mean, for instance, their house is a nice new one (judging by the strictly interior shots I’ve seen), but hardly a mansion. But maybe they’ve just been frugal.

From what I’ve seen on the internet about his earnings and net worth, combined with the message, that’s what I’ve taken out of it.

Again, please realize, I’m not saying, “Fuck him, he’s rich.” I actually think this is a good thing - my interpretation of it is that he is very clearly saying, “Hey, we’re well enough off that my family will be fine - I don’t feel comfortable asking people for money in that situation.”

Which is a very admirable thing. He just as easily could have asked for money to feather the nest even more.

So I read on Twitter that John Peter Bain aka TotalBiscuit passed away today. I did not listen to much of his stuff but still find this sad.

Fuck, this sucks. RIP TB.

Sad news indeed. He did a lot for us nerds. RIP

His wife posted this today:

:((((

RIP.

Very sad to hear, cancer sucks. :*(

WTF is…life?

I knew this was coming, but not so soon.
I enjoyed his videos for years.
RIP, John.

So damn young :( RIP John