Saints Row - Rebooted!

I kinda felt that because I don’t think they can match the cast of characters they had in 3 and 4.

I’m definitely in wait-and-see mode.

This series has never really clicked for me. I’ve tried to get into #3 several times, and there are elements I’ve really appreciated that I thought the GTA series should borrow, but overall the tone and style just isn’t my thing. I know “over-the-top” is the whole point, but I wish they weren’t SO over-the-top. I really, really like the “building your empire” aspect of buying out businesses to control an area and make more off of it, but really don’t need to run around beating people up with a giant purple dildo.

It’s a shame, because there’s a lot that I do like, and I WANT to like the game overall, but I always burn out 5-10 hours in and just…never come back.

You should give Saints Row 4 a try. I played through Saints Row 1 and 2, but I didn’t really get into it like I got into GTA games. So I skipped 3, but 4 is totally amazing. It’s SOOOOOO over the top.

For me 4 was TOO over the top, while I enjoyed 2 & 3. I think this is basically in line with 3 in terms of its trappings?

I mean it’s entirely possible that I’ll give 4 a try at some point. Like I said, there are enough elements there that I really like that I keep thinking “Maybe this time it’ll stick,” and I’m not even sure why I always just kinda…move on to something else. I mean the tone doesn’t really land completely for me – I much prefer GTA’s more “grounded,” I guess is the word, attitude. But it’s hard to say if that’s why I stop playing. That’s all I can come up with, because there are a lot of elements that I enjoy. shrug

I’ll probably give another shot before too long, either with 3 or 4 or the new one that’s about to come out. Maybe one of these days it’ll land.

There’s just SO MUCH to play these days.

I think there was a point in which I was super-hero hopping through the city, listening to an deadpan asian former newsreporter and an alien overlord reading a scene from Pride and Prejudice, laughing so hard and having so much fun that I thought “no video game can ever top this”.

Why don’t you try 1&2, then. They were much more grounded, although they’re still a bit goofy. Maybe you don’t have an Xbox, but if you do 2 is free with Gold right now and the first one goes on sale for a buck fifty not too infrequently.

I liked them, although I don’t think I finished either of them. Played pass-the-controller with a friend on a long weekend with the first one and when the time comes to signal a willingness to do some activity we still say, “I’m always down for representin the row.”

I’ll look into them.

https://youtu.be/RAvdbvX79H4

“Gizmo! Get this damn thing off of the computer!”

Share code: dxhekek

Excellent work, just need to do Guillermo now.

People who got a copy going early on console are beginning to upload videos and stream this.

1. Yup. It’s a Saints Row game.
  2. It definitely looks last-gen.
  3. Verticality of the city is drastically reduced from previous titles.

Saints Row is terrible (Review)

Woof - I was excited for this game purely off the character creator.

Absolutely miserable reviews.

Nooooooooo.

Good news is the bugs are platform-agnostic so everyone gets to join in the fun!

Nooo, you were supposed to be the chosen one (game of fall I buy)!!!

Really disappointing. Glad I learned my lesson from cyberpunk and have stopped pre-ordering.

Makes me wonder if they’d have been better off calling it something other than Saints Row. Sure, there’s immediate name recognition, but there are also significant expectations from the targeted fan base.

Brutal.

From the Ars review, it isn’t merely a terrible Saints Row game in comparison with earlier iterations, it’s a terrible game period. Fixing all the bugs wouldn’t redeem it as the world design and animations and story and gameplay is all shite too.