Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Fire! Fire! Fire!

I’m surprised we didn’t have a thread about this here yet.

Did anyone get one? Have you returned it yet?

Samsung execs, users, and fans right now.

I wonder who needs more courage - iPhone designers or Samsung phone users. ;)

Well, specifically Note 7 users. The Galaxy S7 Edge is the nicest mobile phone I’ve ever used including the iPhone 6S Plus. Sure does suck for Samsung execs and Note users though.

Texas Electronics is the only honest hardware maker.

When a T-1000 go and kill you, you will not be surprised.

FTFY :)

For those who decide not to swap their phones out, Samsung’s solution is a firmware update that caps battery charging at 60%.

What a debacle!

If only samsung’s software wasn’t so shitty and full of bloatware.

Samsung’s doing the recall; the firmware update is because some percentage of stubborn customers will say “my phone works” and not swap it out.

It’s interesting to get on a flight and have them make three separate announcements (one at the gate, one as we were boarding, and one during the safety instructions) that anyone with a Galaxy Note can’t turn them on or charge them during the flight.

It’s an anti-Samsung advertisement on every flight.

In our improv show last night my character was supposed to be stuck on a bus without my cell phone. So I started the scene with a Galaxy Note 7…

Bloomberg has a report on the whole fiasco, pointing out a few factors - the most prominent being a lack of leadership in Samsung’s electronic division and Samsung trying to rush to the market in order to market while anticipating an underwhelming iPhone 7 announcement.

[quote]Earlier this year, managers at the South Korean company began hearing the next iPhone wouldn’t have any eye-popping innovations. The device would look just like the previous two models too. It sounded like a potential opening for Samsung to leap ahead.

So the top brass at Samsung Electronics Co., including phone chief D.J. Koh, decided to accelerate the launch of a new phone they were confident would dazzle consumers and capitalize on the opportunity, according to people familiar with the matter. They pushed suppliers to meet tighter deadlines, despite loads of new features, another person with direct knowledge said. The Note 7 would have a high-resolution screen that wraps around the edges, iris-recognition security and a more powerful, faster-charging battery. Apple’s taunts that Samsung was a copycat would be silenced for good.[/quote]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-18/samsung-crisis-began-in-rush-to-capitalize-on-uninspiring-iphone

I thought the Edge was shit, or more specifically, the EDGE parts were crap. I’d rather have a “normal” screen mobile where the text didn’t ‘wrap’ at the edges and where buttons were also on the ‘edge’ so presses wouldn’t register properly.

Android was a massive step backwards compared to BB10 though.

They had a massive Note 7 stand at the central train station where I live… was kinda interesting that there were no information on the “fire damage”, makes me wonder if it was only in some regions it was an issue.

Agreed. I love my S7 Edge, but it’s very much in spite of the edge. If they offered a standard S7 with the same battery life, I’d definitely take it. I really hope this doesn’t signal that they’re going to make the edge mandatory on all their flagship devices.

Let’s try to stay positive, shall we?

http://lolnein.com/2016/09/12/galaxynote7vsflipphone/

I guess if you aren’t flying, you can use this website to see if your phone is a danger to yourself and others.

Note 6 released September 2016, Note 5 Came out in August 2015, Note 4 came out in October 2014, Note 3 in September 2013.

I’m not sure how that translates into the Note 6 being rushed out ‘early’.

The high resolution screen has been the standard resolution for high end android phones for… 2? years now.

The battery is only 3,500 mah, and uses qualcomm’s quickcharge technology.

The whole article reads like it was created from fiction to build an interesting narrative.

You know its bad, when the phone has become a weapon in GTA5!

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the whole washing machine debacle yet. Samsung is really on roll this year!

I bought a Samsung fridge this year. Maybe one day I’ll open the door and find a fully-cooked meal in there.