Sarah Palin

Looks like Sarah Palin’s the choice. Very smart move by McCain.

If it were Michael Palin, he’d have my vote!

Pretty interesting if it’s the case. Would Palin have a noticeable pull on female swing voters?

The same female voters who were only interested in voting for a Democrat because it looked like Hillary was going to get the nomination, yes. Otherwise, no.

Well now I feel like there’s at least a silver lining if Obama loses.

Not smart by McCain.

The same unqualified jab they’re trying to throw at Obama will get thrown at Palin.

Keep digging your grave, old man.

lack of experience matters a lot less in a VP though.

But experience was Cheney’s sole selling point, remember?

lack of experience matters a lot less in a VP though.

It shouldn’t. If McCain dies of old age or whatever, guess who will be President?

She’s not without scandal. Not sure why McCain would go with her.

Ummm, take a look at this, folks…

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/mccain-vp-conte.html

Don’t jump the gun.

As scandals go, that’s pretty weak.

Yeah, but that was a counterbalance to Bush’s youth and lack of experience. So someone like Bush or Obama, who might be perceived to be young and inexperienced. would want someone with some grey hair and washington experience to round out the ticket. Someone who already has grey hair and washington experience needs has to go a different direction with a running mate.

If it is Sarah Palin, McCain could sway my vote.

But since she’s in Alaska, I doubt it will be her.

Yeah, abuse of power is so passé these days. She’s got a long way to go before she can play ball with the rest of her party. I mean come on! She didn’t even have to forge any documents or release any classified secrets to get Wooten fired.

What an amateur!

At any rate I doubt she’s the pick, though she’d likely be a better choice for the Republicans that Romney or Lieberman.

ABC news just made it official. Palin.

44 years old, governor for 2 years, mayor of a town in Alaska before that, 5 kids, former beauty queen.

Not sure why her other than she’s a pretty woman.

CNN is confirming it.

She’s young and she’s a woman. I honestly didn’t think I’d see a woman on a Republican ticket for another 10+ years.

Well, things certainly just got more interesting.

McCain is betting that there are a lot of no-Bama women out there, I guess.

Edit: forgot to add that McCain is betting that these no-Bama women will vote for a woman who opposes nearly every major belief they hold.

No on abortion, no on gay marriage - will women ignore these major issues?

I dunno. Romney was seeming like a bad choice as I looked at Obama and Biden standing next to each other last night, they just looked “right” together, complementary, and I was thinking how McCain and Romney would look standing together.

But this pick - what? No experience of any kind, Alaska is only 3 electoral votes, what does she bring to the ticket? At least Romney brings economic expertise.