Satirical/Cartoon maps that are interesting

I like your style.

Can confirm accuracy.

Hmmm. What they show is accurate. But they cut off a bunch.

More like guidelines than rules.

SECRET GERMAN BASE 211 in ANTARCTICA

So, I stumbled upon this map today.
Mongolia and Manchukuo

Rabbit Holes Which I (And Maybe You?) Find Interesting:

1. Gilmore Oil. What a strange and interesting company .
  2. John Hix and Strange as it Seems . I’d never heard of these either. According to the Wiki, ” Strange as It Seems was distinguished for its adherence to Hix’s standard that every published fact be verified by a minimum of three sources.”. Which means that…
  3. The blurb on the map that states ”Mongolian shoemakers make only one size of shoes. Not only can any boy wear his father’s shoes, but the father can wear his son’s.” had to be verified by three sources.

So there’s your TIL@QT3 fodder for the day. You’re welcome…?

California, circa 1650

Planned Developmental Map of California circa 1978.

Otisburg?

California Free State, circa 2080.

The World of the Future according to Gordon-Michael Scallion*

*You really don’t want to google him

Patriotic “Improved Map of the United States” from the War of 1812

The Improved Map of the United States depicts the eastern half of the nation, including much of the recently-obtained Louisiana Territory, as well as parts of British Canada and Spanish-owned Florida. To the left and right are charts listing distances along major post roads, and below the map a chart lists “at one view the staple commodities and population of each state.” Though admitted to the Union in 1812, the State of Louisiana is indicated neither on the map nor in this chart, which strongly suggests that the image was prepared at an earlier date and/or based on a slightly earlier prototype.

The first map showing the Americas being separate from Asia.

MAPPING the Continental Op

Nicknames of the States, Circa 1884

I don’t dig on swine.